PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 06:20:42
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 39
Author Topic: Itsu's workbench / placeholder.  (Read 105216 times)

Group: Moderator

I went back working on the nanopulser to be used in the 45.5Mhz iron toroid NMR project.

This is what i have at the moment, which was build according to the diagram from the pdf.
For D2 i use the same kind of TVS as for D8.

The screenshot shows the generated nano-pulse with this setup.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoFybhLc9SE

Itsu

I went back working on the nanopulser to be used in the 45.5Mhz iron toroid NMR project.

This is what i have at the moment, which was build according to the diagram from the pdf.
For D2 i use the same kind of TVS as for D8.

The screenshot shows the generated nano-pulse with this setup.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoFybhLc9SE

Itsu

Good day Itsu
I watched the video, what is inside the small metal box that is connected the the Mosfet PCB?
I noticed that it has really long twisted pair wires connecting it to the other pcb.
Which parts heat up when you reach the frequency repetition limit of the nanopulser?
I can think of a few experiments to do with such a pulser, but would need high repetition rate.
take care, peace
lost_bro

Hi Lost,

inside the small peppermunt box is the "100ns pulse @ 1hz" generator to drive the gate driver / MOSFET designed by verpies, see here:
https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=3691.msg71997#msg71997

and a video of it a few posts later here:
https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=3691.msg72211#msg72211

Above about 10Khz PRF (not tried it with this setup) the things that heat up fast are the MOSFET, the little toroid, the D2 diode, the DSR Diode,
the 50 Ohm termination resistor and the DSRD capacitors (C).

These last ones should be good quality as the ceramic disk ones used earier will heat up and lower in value, causing the pulse to drop quick.

I now use MLCC caps 2.2nF @ 4kv 3 parallel.

The design in the PDF claims 50Khz PRF and a 2.25kv pulse  :D

Itsu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNeLUngb-Xg&list=P
Itsu, Void, just to say hello to a friends and many thanks to Gyula for invited me in!

---------------------------

Hi WhatIsIt,

nice to have you here,  welcome.

Itsu

Group: Guest
Hello WhatItIt. Welcome!  :)

Group: Professor

OK, I have ordered some 74VHC04, so that will improve the signal further.
Did you ever receive it ?

Yes, got some and put one in, working ok, since half a year or so.

Itsu

Member Nelson Rocha on Overunity.com presented a circuit which again looks promising.
No OU or such is claimed due to lack of input/output measurements.

Link to this post here:
https://overunity.com/18449/alternative-partnered-output-coils-and-free-energy/msg544436/#msg544436

3 video's are presented there showing the device and some basic measurements
VĂ­deo 1 https://photos.app.goo.gl/Qy4Wpo7rzfyKfdQ79
Video 2 https://photos.app.goo.gl/brsytsWBsTwbxL3A
Video 3 https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gz1Z6hwcSzjMGEAEA

A diagram was posted lateron here (also attached below, see drawing 1):
https://overunity.com/18449/alternative-partnered-output-coils-and-free-energy/msg544589/#msg544589

I have redrawn his circuit using LTSpice so it is more conform the standard layout (plus rail top, minus rail bottom, input left, output right), see drawing 2 below.
Due to my unexperience with LTSpice i am unable right now to start it (no working switch), but hopefully that will improve (asc file included).

I tried to setup this circuit on a breadboard first while waiting for the MJE18008G transistor using a MJE13009.

The thing does oscillate after some tickling (the switch) and shows the below signals (yellow emitter, blue base) but almost no output is measured on the CMC (i could have this wired wrong).

Waiting for the MJE18008G transistor right now.
My circuit runs on 20V and pulls about 100mA.

I have checked my redrawn circuit severall times, but it might be good for some fresh minds to do that too to be sure no mistakes are made.

Regards Itsu 

I changed the output transformer (T1 or L2/L3) to another CMC measuring 0.6 Ohm / 37mH each and changed C5 to 3nF so they form a series resonance circuit on about 15Khz which is close
to the oscillating frequency of the transistor (12Khz).

Now i have better output on L3, so after rectification i have 208V DC on the output.

Itsu

I have corrected the LTSpice circuit but I think it isn't producing the expected behaviour. R2 hangs loosely in the air so I connected it to rectified minus. Switch now closes at 1 ms.
Nevertheless interesting circuit.

Thanks Frederik,   

I had added the UF4007 and MJE18008 types to my local libraries, only the switch include was needed.

R2 was/is a csr, so i added now a 1K load resistor there.

But still there is no oscillation going after the switch closes, which even in the real circuit
does not happen spontaneously but only after severall switch attempts.

Itsu

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
Hi Itsu,

One trick I have had some luck with in the past when a simulation circuit won't start properly, or at all, is to set some initial conditions (IC) on key capacitors, and in some cases even inductors.

So you could try (if you haven't already) adding an IC to either or both C4 and C5 to see if that helps. If you get it working, you may even be able to replace the switch with a resistor so that it starts up automatically.

Thanks Poynt,

i will read up on .ic spice directives to see if it works.

Itsu

Group: Administrator

It's not as complicated as it may seem...
I think in LTSpice you simply "open" the component properties and it is one of the parameters you can add. Default is of course 0. This is the parameters window where you would see other things like ESR resistance as well. It should be there, I just can't remember how to open it as I rarely use LTSpice.

If you want to add +1V, then enter 1, if you want to reverse the initial condition voltage, enter -1.

With "ctrl / right mouse" when on a component (Cap), you can add "ic=1" in the SpiceLine2 attribute and make it visible with an X.

But allthough the simulation behaviour changes, it does not make the circuit go into oscillating.

Will try severall settings.

Itsu

Group: Experimentalist

Basically, to use the .IC command line in LtSpice, you would use the following syntax.

Example:  .IC I(L1)=.1 V(VL1)=2    This sets the inductor L1 with an initial current of 100ma and the node VL1 at 2 volts.  Please note, if you set an inductor with an initial current, you must consider the voltage(s) across said inductor in the circuit.  IOW, you could have unrealistic voltage levels depending on the circuit so one must set intial condition voltages across the same inductor.

Caveats are, you can only set the initial current condition of an inductor and/or a voltage condition of any node in the circuit plus these may be mixed in one .ic statement.  These conditions are dc prior to the simulation run and work only in the transient analysis.

Regards,
Pm

Partzman, 

thanks, i included severall of these .IC statements for all 3 L's in the circuit, but it won't force it into oscillating.

Never mind, i will continue with the real circuit as that one is equally difficult to get into oscillating.

When it does oscillate however, the input will be around 24V / 100mA (and climbing) and the output will be an unloaded 200V.
When loaded with say 10K, the output drops to 21V or so, so it has very little power.

I can make some nice sparks with a 250V/100uF cap, but up till now it acts like a low power boost converter (24V / 200V).

Perhaps with the right transistor it will change.

Itsu

Group: Restricted

Enjoy your trek through life but leave no tracks
Partzman, 

thanks, i included severall of these .IC statements for all 3 L's in the circuit, but it won't force it into oscillating.

Never mind, i will continue with the real circuit as that one is equally difficult to get into oscillating.

When it does oscillate however, the input will be around 24V / 100mA (and climbing) and the output will be an unloaded 200V.
When loaded with say 10K, the output drops to 21V or so, so it has very little power.

I can make some nice sparks with a 250V/100uF cap, but up till now it acts like a low power boost converter (24V / 200V).

Perhaps with the right transistor it will change.

Itsu
Hi all re Itsu, you didnt wast much time with NELSONS DEVICE (promised I would promote his device he invented)
I'm not sure you have got the idea right as I didn;t have much trouble getting any of the device to work at all
I couldn't get any of the wound components off the shelf and had to wind my own and your right it is very low power.

I think I know where your going wrong you need to put the bulb or LED back in the + feed and shunt it with a 150 ohm
or you cant see whats going on, secondly what's that 20 M in the emiter circuit ? how did you arive at that value ?

Show me if you can emiter and output drive shot the output choke circit diode end if you can  that way i can tell you whats wrong.

regards AG

PS i forgot to put electrolytic across supply note blue led glows, now draws less current and no longer glows.
Note I wouldn't say its over unity though!
« Last Edit: 2020-04-14, 09:29:58 by AlienGrey »

Hi AG,

The R1 (and R2) 10 Ohm resistors in the supply and output lines are the bulbs (6 Ohms bulbs).
But LTspice has no bulb in its library, so i used the 10 Ohm resistors instead, also to act as csr's in the real circuit which should give me an indication of the current like the bulbs suppose to do.

As Nelson did not specify (measured) the coils (chokes) inductances, but just gave the ohmic resistance (L1 =2.6 Ohm, L2/L3=T1=CMC=0.6 Ohm), i digged up in my junkbox a 2.5 Ohm choke which
measured 20mH that i use as L1 and a 0.6 Ohm CMC which measured 2x37mH as L2/L3 (T1).

Not sure where you got the led/150 Ohm from as its not in the original circuit.
Also the 56 Ohm resistor in the switch line is not.

Emitter and base signals in my earlier post above, will shoot a video later today for the other sigs.

Regards Itsu

Shure Itsue i know where your comming from, the 10 R is just great or the current is too great I fried  a led or two
It's up to you in the end mine only draws less than 8Ma and the multi LED is only hafe lit.

The 56R in the base stops frying the base emitter junction and the bulb or led in the supply.

It's like a mini Dally devie the way it works any way don't want to tread on your toes
so I will leave you get on.

good luck

AG

AG,  thanks for the info, any comment is welcome,  no problem.

A 6 Ohm (cold) bulb in my supply line lights up fairly bright at 83mA and has a voltage drop of 4V over it pointing to 48 Ohm hot resistance.

Itsu

Some initial measurements while waiting for the correct transistor.

Input 24v @ 83mA
Output 198V (unloaded)
Output 15V @ 0.7mA (loaded with a strip of leds).

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4V3P4hNAoY

Some noted differences with Nelson his video:

# my input current (82mA) is almost 3 times that of Nelson his circuit (31mA for Nelson).
# The output rise when loading a capacitor seems much faster in Nelson his circuit i think, but not
    sure what value cap he was using (mine is 250v @ 100uF).
# my output bulb does not show any light (obviously OK with only 0.8mA) but Nelson his does.

It could be that those differences are due to the wrong transistor, so need to wait and see.
Somehow i have the impression that there is something not correct yet with my circuit.

Itsu

Group: Professor

Itsu - thank you for your work on this and for sharing.
  O0

Hi all I don't want to be a pain in the bum but what if using MJE18008 transister or whatever doesn't fix the problem ?
What then ? lets go back a year or two ?
Perhaps it's deeper than that ? do you remember this photo ?

I keep saying this but please please scope the back end of the output wave compaired to the osc wave.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 39
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 06:20:42