PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 11:14:54
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Comments on the McFreey paper  (Read 112292 times)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

I meant amplitude 50 V, which means 100 Vpp.

Try also VL=4700 m/s. The best are measured frequencies, not calculated.
Can you measure the inductance of you coil?

Yes, these two coils should be separated. In the Meissner oscillator, there should be as little direct coupling between the upper excitation coil and the lower coupling coil as possible.

Ok, so for 100V pp i  need an (audio) amplifier behind my FG.
I will try the whole range VL 4000 - 5000, takes a while, but i should see something.
I had no luck in measuring the mechanical resonance frequency of the single turn coils, so went for the calculated value.
Inductance of my La/Lb coil is 30.8 mH, the exciter coil measures 73uH.

regards Itsu

Group: Guest
Itsu,

Your inductance is too high. I started with 8 mH and had to go down to ~3 mH.
The maximum current through the coil, in your case, is only ~13 mA, it has to be ~1A.
You may try it without ferrites, or otherwise you will have to unwind quite a few turns.
Imax = sqrt(C*V*V/L).

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Yfree,

ok,  good to know.
Even without the ferrite cores it measures 11mH.
I have 2 coils on a similar pvc former (7.5cm OD) which i can add some wire to so it will be 3mH with the ferrite cores.

Also i will be building this meissner MOSFET oscillator, thanks.

Regards itsu

Group: Moderator

Also i will be building this Meissner MOSFET oscillator, thanks.
A Meissner oscillator will not allow for a fine frequency control, like your signal generator.

I had no luck in measuring the mechanical resonance frequency of the single turn coils,
Not even with the reflective optical method ?

The maximum current through the coil, in your case, is only ~13 mA, it has to be ~1A.
You may try it without ferrites, or otherwise you will have to unwind quite a few turns.
...or increase the voltage amplitude of the waveform driving the coil.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Giving this subject a bump to the top since there is some renewed interest in it.

Beta decay should be high on our list of potential methods.

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Giving this subject a bump to the top since there is some renewed interest in it.

Beta decay should be high on our list of potential methods.
Did Yfree come back?

Group: Experimentalist

I for one have expressed interest in the McFreey papers and any Yfree docs to ION.

partzman

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Yes yfree said there is a problem with the device.

Beta Decay is an interesting subject though, it can be studied with low sodium salt, ie Potassium Chloride.

Also some work needs to be done on Nitrogen, a car bulb blows black, yet the atmosphere is Nitrogen, at the point of destruction when the filament blows, you have all the ingredients for fusion, if the black stuff turns out to be carbon then we have proof, i have been thinking about building a light spectrograph to look at the atmosphere of the bulb before and after blowing the bulb.

where theres an electrical discharge you can have a plasma, air has a large percentage of Nitrogen, makes you wonder what caused this girls cloths to be black when she was struck by lightening because they certainly did not catch fire.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/19/article-1194120-05671D9D000005DC-368_468x718.jpg

yfree seemed to indicate that he witnessed the device working on several occasions and said the effect is definitely attainable. I asked him directly if this was true and he answered in the affirmative. He seemed to imply there are difficulties, but they are not insurmountable.

Since he worked for a National Research lab in Canada, he may have witnessed it working there, then tried to duplicate it himself at home, and with a little help by seeding this forum. The circuits he supplied were well thought out, but may have been incomplete or lacking sufficient knowledge of exactly how to stimulate the gain material.

Peterae, your ideas about the bulb and gas transmutation definitely deserves a closer look. Have you pursued this any further?

Regards, ION

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Buy me some coffee
Hi ION
Good to see you still around and active, no i have not yet followed up from the bulb blackening, but i have built a vacuum chamber that i can inject nitrogen and have a vacuum pump now, some time ago i had to step back from some projects, i had too many going on that were not getting completed, i had a hard long think while still doing work around the house constantly, and decided first to finish my 3D printer over the last 2 months i completed that, it's only taken 2 years to build it from scratch on and off, so it was really nice to finish that and off course this now puts me in a position that i can print coil bobbins and any other device.

The Meyer device has been a priority but i realized it was taking up loads of time with very little return and the problems i was facing were beyond easily sorted by me, ie 1kw power at 45MHz. it was this that triggered my rethinking.

So next i will be completing the Nitrogen chamber and follow with that, i still have another project on the go though, since the 3D printer was finished i stupidly decided to build a coil winder see pictures below, so have also been writing software in some evenings to get this up and running while waiting for parts from China.

Image 1 Prusa Reprap I2 3d printer
Image2 Coil Winder structure has been printed, waiting for bearings from china, the light grey thing in the middle is the carriage, include guide wheels with bearings, 2 felt spring tensioners and an in and out guide.
Image3 close up of carriage.

EDIT the coil winder is not my design, the guy finished all the mechanics but did not publish any electronics, as i can do the microelectronics myself and the mechanics are brilliant i could not resist it, i made my machine bigger, it's capable of 40cm long coils at upto 20cm diameter.

Design is here.
My thanks go out to Nico Verduin, i will publish my computer files when finished and running.
http://www.verelec.nl/?page_id=90

... so have also been writing software in some evenings
In what language?

In what language?

Peterae, nice job on the 3D printer, I wish I had your patience in building such an item. I was offered a coil winder for free once upon a time and woefully turned it down as it was a large pro unit and I didn't have the space.

Best of luck with all the projects .that you are working on. I also hope to get back to some LENR research soon.

Buy me some coffee
Hi verpies

I'm using the Arduino Due and a 2.3 inch TFT with a version 2 CNC shield for motor drive & Stepsticks, i am Writing in C++

Hi ION
Dam isn't that always the way, my workshop has been a blessing, a 6 meter long work bench :) and plenty of storage has allowed me to accelerate my collection of bits & pieces  :-[

Not only are there not enough hours i am shocked that it is now July, i do not know where this year has gone so far, i am hoping you are keeping well.  O0

I will be buying a Geiger counter soon, had a bet on the Brexit and won :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 11:14:54