PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-28, 12:02:50
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: Generating System  (Read 59114 times)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
Hi Brad.

Indeed it is, they were used initially on the Ford model " T " ignition system. BTW, the primary coil of that " trembler box " will run at just over 2 volts DC.

Looking at the original Benitez patent there was both a primary and high frequency secondary circuit with a spark gap. I'm wondering if the secondary didn't need to be of a high voltage but maybe just a higher frequency?
Cheers Grum.

Im not sure Grum,as i have not looked to closely at the Benitez circuit,as there is only so many things we can do at once lol.

I am hoping that the rest of my Ebay order turns up this week,as there is a !more powerful! thingy McBobby in amongst it that i am dying to put to use. Frame is already built,and ready for the implant  O0

Brad

---------------------------
Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Buy me some coffee
OK,for those interested.
Below is a couple of scope shots.
The first one is my 52F cap being discharged over one of my new 2 ohm 100watt precision resistors.

The second is 3 scope shots pieced together(the best i could).
It is one of my 500F caps being discharged over one of my new 1 ohm 100watt precision resistors.
I did not fully discharge it,as it was taking so bloody long,and i needed a coffee  :D

Anyway,these are the results.

Brad

Group: Ambassador

Luc said it ran hot for just idling ,hot like it was already under load and he felt a load would roast it

I forgot to ask him if he still has it ,but will be talking to Carroll soon anyway
it is his motor [he will also know how to wind it ,Matt did make tutorial videos too]

the comments being made now at the EF forum are all out of context for the present device

which uses no big batteries etc etc and can make tens of HP in a simple settup
or much more with bigger builds
sometimes I think assumptions can be made without perspective

here is an example of assumptions which were made about a man and his path [ IMO] from Nelson Rocha [who was bandied about by some as a hack [MH at OU.com]]
https://www.youtube.com/user/batraquioo0

Buy me some coffee
Luc said it ran hot for just idling ,hot like it was already under load and he felt a load would roast it

I forgot to ask him if he still has it ,but will be talking to Carroll soon anyway
it is his motor [he will also know how to wind it ,Matt did make tutorial videos too]

the comments being made now at the EF forum are all out of context for the present device

which uses no big batteries etc etc and can make tens of HP in a simple settup
or much more with bigger builds
sometimes I think assumptions can be made without perspective

here is an example of assumptions which were made about a man and his path [ IMO] from Nelson Rocha [who was bandied about by some as a hack [MH at OU.com]]
https://www.youtube.com/user/batraquioo0

No big batteries,and 10s of HP-->horse power?.

Well,as i am not a member there,can some one please post the current setup design/schematic ?.

Seems every time you got to test the latest,it is no longer the latest  C.C

Brad

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
No big batteries,and 10s of HP-->horse power?.

Brad

Sorry Brad.

Here's 5 HP.

Could this be the " sauce " of the energy?

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

the recent conversations at EF are about an obsolete system which has been replaced by the actual
system which can do the tens of Horsepower and up with no  big batteries etc etc

you will not find tutorials on the present system at the forum

you will find the "how we got here" instructions

and as I understand it there is a Matt movie being done to show the old obsolete system doing what is claimed.

and for clarity the MO is said to have come from Benitez work .

ps
Grum

thx for the Model T coil Pic   O0 [not soo much the cheeseburger sauce HP pic ...makes some members here hungry and "bets" can occur ... :)

« Last Edit: 2018-07-29, 17:21:36 by Chet K »

Group: Professor

OK,for those interested.
Below is a couple of scope shots.
The first one is my 52F cap being discharged over one of my new 2 ohm 100watt precision resistors.

The second is 3 scope shots pieced together(the best i could).
It is one of my 500F caps being discharged over one of my new 1 ohm 100watt precision resistors.
I did not fully discharge it,as it was taking so bloody long,and i needed a coffee  :D

Anyway,these are the results.

Brad
They look almost perfect exponentials, the first one says the capacity value is spot on at 52F.  The second one looks about 480F.
Smudge

Probably should split this thread ?
here is the Matt motor tutorial collection
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL68QpDu4jKQXnhp7H7p7WsknDG4439vV3

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND

this is all old news stuff  "the how we got here" stuff [Benitez stuff...]

nothing like where the tech is now [HP cheeseburger sauce output power...
« Last Edit: 2018-07-29, 18:00:46 by Chet K »

Group: Moderator

The Matt Motor tutorial shows how to wind an
armature to make a two-pole retrograde device
which resembles the earliest of electrical motors.

This sort of motor construct is necessary to produce
current pulsations with inductive kickback to the
remainder of whatever circuit it is connected to.

This method of winding commutated armatures was
discontinued many years ago because of problems
with brush sparking (a problem Tesla devoted much
work towards) and reduced motor life.

It is possible to duplicate this motor action in a much
more reliable manner with brushless design and electronic
pulse control should it be desirable.

Whenever I see motor rewinds done on a bare armature
which doesn't seem to have in place the necessary
insulating material I wonder...

This video shows the proper method of preparing
the slots in the armature for rewinding.  It is in Pakistani
Language but the illustrations are quite clear.  Notice the
insulating material both in the slots and at the slot ends
covering the surface of the metal surrounding each end
of the shaft.

Putting the windings on bare steel is never a good idea.
It is not possible in Matt's tutorial to tell whether he has
taken the necessary precautions prior to winding.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-29, 22:01:53 by muDped »

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Grum,
Your photo of the old Model T ignition coil brings back
memories.  I got one of those back in 1956 from an auto
parts outlet for either $3.95 or $4.95 and did many wonderful
experiments with it.  I used 6 Volt lantern batteries to power
it.

One of my high school classmate neighbors had a Model T
that was in near perfect condition (complete with 'beehive')
at that time.  He picked it up for $25.00 from a farmer.
Dollars had some value back in those days.

Those 'Good Old Days' really were pretty good!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here are links to some YouTube channels which are quite
interesting.  Several videos can be found with details for
constructing low rpm generators (alternators) to be driven
either by hydro power or wind power:

MuddyMuddyMuddMann

MarkP0177

TheBillyTheJack2010

Lots of other videos too which address producing electrical
power.  The Axial Flux Wind Turbine Generator which has been
built for several decades now is strikingly similar to the generator
Matt's latest video shows.

« Last Edit: 2018-07-30, 00:27:48 by muDped »

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Buy me some coffee
Sorry Brad.

Here's 5 HP.

Could this be the " sauce " of the energy?

Cheers Grum.

Lol

We go all out here,an buy it in 4 liter bottles.

Buy me some coffee
Probably should split this thread ?
here is the Matt motor tutorial collection
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL68QpDu4jKQXnhp7H7p7WsknDG4439vV3

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND

this is all old news stuff  "the how we got here" stuff [Benitez stuff...]

nothing like where the tech is now [HP cheeseburger sauce output power...

No need to split the thread Chet--lets keep it all in one place,so as we dont have threads all over the show.

Looking at how it is wound,it's no wonder it gets hot--thats the worst winding job i have ever seen.

It would be far better to leave the motor stock,and use a PWM and forward diode to get the needed flyback.

It just dose not work using the brushes to break the circuit to get flyback,because you need the brushes in contact with the coil in order to have a path for the flyback to follow. As the flyback happens when the brushes leave the coil contacts,most of the energy is burnt up in the arcing between commutator segments and the brushes.

I doubt very much that this setup got them anywhere,and i do not think we will see the !secret sauce! product they have now,that puts out 10s of bottles of sauce  :D

Brad

Buy me some coffee
They look almost perfect exponentials, the first one says the capacity value is spot on at 52F.  The second one looks about 480F.
Smudge

So,my question is--are they behaving like a normal cap,and can we use the 1/2CV*2 method?.

Brad

Matt's 1st Vid in the "How we got here" series ,he expects to be done by next weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghMriKx8tQY&feature=youtu.be

Quote from Tin Man:
No need to split the thread Chet--lets keep it all in one
place, so as we don't have threads all over the show.

I very much agree.  It's all related to arriving at the most
complete understanding of what we're discussing and
observing.

Buy me some coffee
Matt's 1st Vid in the "How we got here" series ,he expects to be done by next weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghMriKx8tQY&feature=youtu.be

I see that pollycarb flywheel flying to pieces,and big 2 inch neo projectiles flying around the workshop.
Probably end up killing him self.

When you say-how we got here,where exactly is here?

I have the large caps now,so lets put together there current setup,and see if there is anything in it.
Do we have a schematic of there 10 sauce bottles+ setup?

Brad

Buy me some coffee
Ok,i have decided to wind a !Matt! Motor,will make a start on it tonight,as i need to know how and why it can send that small portion of current back to the source battery.

My guess is that-for the first split second of brush contact with the coils,the BEMF is at a higher potential to that of the source EMF.
How this can be without an increase in RPM?,well im not sure yet.

I see Matt has resorted to name calling now,and has renamed bistander.
Isn't it funny that the ones that question the imposible,are the ones that alway cop what they dont deserve.

Chet
Drop a message to bistander if you could please,and see if you can get him over here.

Brad

I'll make a few calls today on the what is  "here" question

a bit more clarity will be good IMO

Bistander is a builder and a believer....[in the possibilities of OU

hopefully some clarity on that too

Group: Experimentalist

Believing in something false doesn't make it true.
If I could add a comment here.  As most of you know I have worked with Matt and Dave for several years now on the 3 battery generating system.  I also have had many discussions with Bistander as he and I both have spent many hours on the EF trying to correct a lot of the mistaken ideas there as well as trying to help new experimenters.

It seems to me everyone is getting overly excited about the spike back to the battery.  That was NOT the primary purpose of the Matt Modified motor.  We learned that the battery in the charging or 3rd battery position charged much better if it was charged with pulses.  So Matt did an interesting job modifying a motor to do that as Dave is electronically challenged and didn't want anything solid state.  The spike back to the supply side was an interesting side effect.  However as far as I recall it was never intended to keep the supply battery or batteries charged.  As Dave has said at least a couple of hundred times it takes the complete system to get OU.

I consider Matt and Dave both personal friends.  I have actually spent time with Matt when he had business to attend to near me.  As far as I know neither of them have any formal training in the electrical or electronic fields.  Because of that their explanations are sometimes hard to follow.  They don't always use the proper terms.  Especially Dave.

I have kind of dropped out of working with the 3 battery system as I have just been too busy with other things.  My personal life has gotten very complicated in the last couple of years.  Chet knows what I am talking about as I have shared some of my personal details with him that I really don't want to get into publicly.

Respectfully,
Carroll

Just because it is on YouTube does not make it real.

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Good morning All.

I'm reminded of proposed systems that have gone before. Some explanations also hark back to earlier " pioneers " !

What about the elegant solution that Nikola Tesla showed in the " Ozone " patent? A segmented disc that controlled the input to the drive motor? This would ensure that the armature wouldn't need rewinding removing the possibility of " shorted " turns.

Brad, you showed us some time back how to add a second commutator to a motor shaft, there's your answer.

Although my training was in the electric area I'm far more comfortable in the mechanical,  IMO there's " nowt " wrong in using good old fashioned technology.

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

Group: Professor

So,my question is--are they behaving like a normal cap,and can we use the 1/2CV*2 method?.

Brad
From those discharge curves I would say yes.  If you use the 1/2CV^2 method to determine the energy at any two voltages and compare the difference with the energy delivered to the resistor you get a close correlation over the range of voltages you use.
Smudge

Group: Tech Wizard

Hi Carroll,

I also would add a comment here on this topic you addressed.

You wrote: "As far as I know neither of them have any formal training in the electrical or electronic fields.  Because of that their explanations are sometimes hard to follow.  They don't always use the proper terms.  Especially Dave."

This is fine with me, I understand this. What I do not understand and find unacceptable is: why do they attack, reprimand, put to the Ignore list etc anybody (like for instance Luc or Bistander) who simply dares to ask relevant questions or dares to try explaining why what they say is technically not correct ?  There is nothing that justifies this attitude from Dave or Matt, what is more Matt uses vulgarism and rudeness. 

This is why I have avoided commenting in those relevant threads they mainly participate in at the energeticforum, during the last couple of years.

Gyula

Buy me some coffee
Good morning All.

I'm reminded of proposed systems that have gone before. Some explanations also hark back to earlier " pioneers " !

What about the elegant solution that Nikola Tesla showed in the " Ozone " patent? A segmented disc that controlled the input to the drive motor? This would ensure that the armature wouldn't need rewinding removing the possibility of " shorted " turns.

Brad, you showed us some time back how to add a second commutator to a motor shaft, there's your answer.

Although my training was in the electric area I'm far more comfortable in the mechanical,  IMO there's " nowt " wrong in using good old fashioned technology.

Cheers Grum.

Yes,that was for the rotoverter project.

This time im going to stick with the !inventors! design,so as they cant say--you did it all wrong,and that is why it dose not work.

I also want to find out how current is being returned to the source,as i cannot see it being the flyback,as the current from the flyback would be going the wrong way,and the voltage across the coils would invert during the flyback portion.

Im adding a little something to the !Matt! motor,so as i can find out exactly what is going on here.
Video up soon.

Brad

Buy me some coffee
First video of my !Matt! motor build.

This winding configuration looks a lot like the way they use to wind motors many years ago.

Anyway,lets stick to the claimants design,and wind our bathroom heater  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI2wxBBWPyY

Brad

Group: Experimentalist

Believing in something false doesn't make it true.
Hi Carroll,

I also would add a comment here on this topic you addressed.

You wrote: "As far as I know neither of them have any formal training in the electrical or electronic fields.  Because of that their explanations are sometimes hard to follow.  They don't always use the proper terms.  Especially Dave."

This is fine with me, I understand this. What I do not understand and find unacceptable is: why do they attack, reprimand, put to the Ignore list etc anybody (like for instance Luc or Bistander) who simply dares to ask relevant questions or dares to try explaining why what they say is technically not correct ?  There is nothing that justifies this attitude from Dave or Matt, what is more Matt uses vulgarism and rudeness. 

This is why I have avoided commenting in those relevant threads they mainly participate in at the energeticforum, during the last couple of years.

Gyula

Hi Gyula,

I don't agree with the name calling either.  But Matt is just Matt.  He is just a plain old country boy who has spent years working with and learning about electronics.  As far as I know Dave has never put anyone on his ignore list.  He pretty much just accepts whoever shows even a little interest in what he is doing.  While Matt can be abrasive at times he also is a pretty good innovator.  I have seen some pretty interesting ideas from him over the years.  Most of them have now been shared on the energetic forum.

Respectfully,
Carroll

Just because it is on YouTube does not make it real.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-28, 12:02:50