PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-25, 03:02:54
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: The TPU: Was It Real ?  (Read 254738 times)

For the SM device, from your background, can't you definitively state that there is no electromagnetic energy or alternating magnetic fields at around 5000 Hz that are pervasive everywhere?   That's a kind of electromagnetic "Manna from Heaven" argument.  It's just not real and I don't buy Steven Mark's "energy conversion device" argument.

Some of you can believe that Steven Mark has figured out a "unique and powerful" system for tapping into an alternating magnetic field - but there is a problem here - I suppose that we are dealing with a magnetic field that "comes from somewhere but we can't explain it and we can't measure it."

MH,  

you probably didn't see what I posted in the past on this TPU stuff, but I answered those questions as they were burning questions for me as well.    It's the TPU that attracted me to these forums back in 2005.   A fellow engineer sent me the links to one of Steven Mark's videos and I got hooked.  I just had to find out how he was doing it!      

Let me give you a quick summery.  

After 4 years or so, my search culminated in a very unpopular viewpoint with the TPU crowds, and some of the guys here don't like to hear this again.  I hope you welcome this view because it's the only one that is scientific and highly likely, especially if you watch the videos and Steven himself affirms this view.   When I discovered the location of where Steven tested and filmed his videos in the 1990's, at the so called "MANSION"  in Anaheim California,  I went to this location personally and saw the High Voltage power lines right behind his house, a mere 20 meters away.   I also brought with me a magnetic field meter that I built and measured the MAGNETIC fields and they are HUGE!   I made a few videos and posted spectrum graphs of this energy.     The spectrum is basically full of 60 hz harmonic frequencies extending up to almost 6 or 8 kHz.  These are called in the industry, Power Line Harmonics (PLH) and they are due to all the switching equipment and nonlinear transformers on the power grid.    Steven's TPUs are basically just tuned and resonant receivers to these frequencies, the power comes from the grid, and there is no doubt about that in my mind.  

So when I say the TPUs are no different in operating principles to the magnetic wireless power I mean it, but the construction is obviously different since Steven has a very low frequency resonator in his hand.   The Intel and MIT guys work in the MHz range, so naturally the tank circuits are different and simpler.  But at 5 KHz an LC tank circuit would be huge and of very low Q.    Steven has something very special in that he has a very low frequency high Q receiver.   To all indications, it is a type of acoustic vibrator integrated with a receiving loop of wire and somehow activated by a magnet, much like a speaker needs a magnet to work.  He also talks about rotating magnetic fields and vibration, so it's something quite exotic he designed, and has lot's of merit for further study even though I for one am convinced this is NOT OVERUNITY, if we understand where the power comes from.   I get the feeling sometimes that people DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHERE THE POWER COMES FROM, so they can FEEL GOOD AND SAY THEY HAVE AN OVERUNITY DEVICE.  

Anyway, I don't want to bore you with too much detail, but that's my view point:   the TPU power we observe comes from the electromagnetic pollution around power lines, period!  It's not even pollution if you think about it, it's how power lines work, by necessity the electric and magnetic fields exist around the transmission line and he is tapping into it.   On a side note, we discussed if this is ethical and if he is STEALING power, and I would say NO.   He is not tuned into 60 Hz, but into the harmonics that are labeled EM pollution by the industry itself, and as such he is entitled to harvest what somebody else throws away!

Just so you know,  Steven Mark tested and filmed ALL HIS VIDEOS at his mansion, a mere 20 meters away from the power lines.  But we are told that he took the devices down to UC Irvine so the professor could test it, and it worked there as well.   OK, this is not big deal to this theory.  Some want to point to this fact and say that invalidates this theory, but what they don't know is that the energy from power lines extends for miles, and I would expect there to be power lines around UC Irvine.  Steven also tested the TPUs at high altitude in an airplane and it worked, fine, and I have no problem with that either.   Power line generated magnetic and electric fields are everywhere pretty much, at least around highly populated places like southern California where Steven Mark lives.

Anyway, you're open to make up your own mind, but I thought I give you my perspective because I have a feeling you will adopt it as it explains the mechanism and the source of energy.   The others don't know the source and don't care, they just go with what they were told by Lindsay and experiment away, and that's ok too.  I still experiment on the TPUs when I can because there are so many open questions still remaining.    

Sorry guys,  don't hate me!    :D  ;D  8)

EM

PS.   After posting my theories on the Power Lines as the source, some experimenters thought I was saying the TPUs are FAKE?    That's not my definition of FAKE.   The TPUs are exactly what you see in the videos:   toroids that output power.   Fakery would imply Steven was trying to deceive us somehow, and I don't get that feeling from the videos.    The TPUs are definitley REAL in my book!
« Last Edit: 2011-09-06, 23:16:23 by EMdevices »

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
@EM,
Did you not show a wireless demo of a TPU like device on the floor of your house?
(for those that missed it).
And no it is not free. The lines that take the energy past us are owned and operated by companies who expended the cost of construction.
The problem the power companies have is its called noise but can not be elliminated. He, he, he...
So give it a 'Dirty' name and maybe people will fear it. Ha HaHahaHAh. The sheep are lead easily no?
Ooh. Bad radiation! It needs to be avoided for health reasons! Look at those polluters! If everybody could walk around with a tpu for power extraction they wouldnt mind the noise. But alas they pay attention to the 'Man' noise.
Or...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

This would truly make it a conversion device.

---------------------------

Imagine the possibilities:       Every city can be a power HOT SPOT!

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
As for the sparking or arcing, there are two ways I have seen this type of effect:

1) extremely large inductance charged with sufficient DC current

If we consider that the "energy" in a circuit is not from the movement of electrons, after all, they move so slow as if they are a boat in a river and not the river itself.  Then the energy is separate from the particles. 

Another thing to consider is that electric and magnetic fields polarize a medium, be it "space", the Direc Sea, or an aether, the properties of this medium are changed.  The medium can  store energy in the form of these polarizations. 

The fields that we can generate seem like byproducts, secondary effects, afterthoughts compared to the ever-spinning particles.

I have tried in vain to explain the TPU with magnetic induction or with particle sources.  If anyone can prove me wrong on this fact, I welcome the data.

There was a time that I thought i had discovered another form of induction, but it wasn't.  Induction could not explain everything.  I can only describe it as an energy build-up where it shouldn't be.  It shorts transistors quite readily.  It is easily achievable with a dual spark gap or pulse circuit and a gap should anyone want to explore it.  Keep your supply ungrounded, then touch it.  You will actually feel it, and  there will be no doubt about "energy" after that.

The only way the TPU can work, in my humble opinion, is by manipulation of the medium where fields reside.   That is, to form electric and magnetic fields without a material source.  I think that the way to do this is by diverging the particles of the medium (stretching by electric impulse) and then curling them around on themselves (rotation induced by a magnetic field), something like that.

Group: Guest
It is Soooooo Sooooooo SAD that some individuals keep claiming that SM's TPUs were faked by SM tuning into "juice"
from a power line 20 meters from his mansion.

If that is true, WHY did his TPUs work at the World Famous & Very Prestigous University of Calif (Irvine) Engineering Lab?  Claiming SM "fooled"
PROFESSIONAL PROFESSORS with PHD Doctorates in Electrical Engineering Degrees is extremely LUDICROUS!  Let's Get Real Here!

Let's Wise Up Now folks.  If these ridiculous theories is the best we can do, then we might as well Hang Up Our Jocks, because we
DON'T have a chance in Hell of ever making a TPU.

« Last Edit: 2011-09-08, 17:09:40 by AllPhase »

ION,

It looks like you have three theories already.

EM,

If you can help MIT get beyond three feet of wireless transmission without intermediate devices and less than 45% power loss I think they would throw you a party  ;)

The dill-wods claimed to invent the method but can't make it work beyond one lab room. What is up with that?

Hey Guys,

I appreciate all of your input and many of the comments have been thought provoking.  I also acknowledge that I don't know all of the details about the investigations and everything that people have been working on.

One final thought that may have already been covered.  At least for the demos in the mansion, couldn't he have taken a few of the big audio power amplifiers that he apparently had in quantity, and turned a substantial amount of the floor area into an area with an alternating magnetic field to do the job?

Nobody has to answer I assume that has been covered exhaustively.

I will now exit from the thread!

MileHigh

It is Soooooo Sooooooo SAD that a certain individual keeps claiming that SM's TPU was faked by SM tuning into "juice" from a power line 20 meters from his mansion.

If that is true, WHY did his TPUs work at the prestigous Cal Tech Engineering Lab?  Claiming SM "fooled" Cal Tech PHD Doctorate Electrical Engineers is extremely LUDICROUS!!!

MileHigh,  

Do you see the post from Allphase?   This is exactly what I was talking about.   People get confused and think I am saying the devices are "FAKE", and I am not saying that at all.   His TPUs are REAL, as real as it gets.   This is energy harvesting at it's best!  People talk about free energy and here's free energy in our back yards, why not take it?

You're making a good move exiting this thread, it can take over your life if you let it.   LOL   ;D
By the way,  Steven walks outside with a TPU, about 150 ft away from the house to show there is no coupling to magnetic fields from the house, but at those low frequencies he is still well within a fraction of a wavelength of the power lines.

@AllPhase,

He went to UC Irvine, not Cal Tech.   Get your facts straight!

EM  

tExB=qr
I'd like to hear everyone's ridiculous theories.

You cannot couple 800+ volts at 10 amps from power lines at that distance.  If this were how it worked, why the suppression? Why would UEC even bother to buy the device and why would SM still not be permitted to talk about the device?

I've felt it EM, I touched the dragon's tail, and it sure as hell woke me up!

Buy me a drink
OK....
Lets split this game into 2 battlefields:

The EM device and the Grumpy generator.

In the EM device group the people who find the TPU impossible, build and solicit the EM device for cottage reproduction level.

In the Grumpy generator group the people who are hooked on that model work that effort.

This way both camps are satisfied, egos are assuaged. And we can flank the reality of this planet from both sides and become Gods! Muhwahahaha!

No seriously, it is a good plan.
But one cannot run the EM device from within their home. The load will be seen by the meter. So the device is put on an aluminum back plate to shield the home field from entering the coil. The coils are mounted on the sides of your houses facing your neighbors. We rob Peter to pay Paul. I like this part. >:-)

We will call ourselves Robbing Hood! The plan grows more diabolical by the very moment it lives!

Why these EM devices can be mounted on the sides of electric cars for charging. Every stop light will become a charging station.  :o

Seriously: a two pronged approach.

@Grumpy,
My spider senses still nudge me down the ZPE read and amplified feedback setup. I can not see this any other way. The static between AM stations can be read and amplified. It is pervasive and all around us. So we make more of it, read it, amplify it and feed it back. We charge a coil and turn it into a magnetic antenna.
I know what your NDA says. You can not say the terms or process conclusively but you can agree with what some else states.
I was under one for a spell with my patent.

@all,
The SM17 is 3 stacked antennas in the effective aperture mode. Each one is like 4 to 6 turns. Charging these would not power anything.
It also has a vertical winding of antenna wire all the way around. This gives a huge number of 90 degree coupling points/nodes onto the horizontals. If pulsed electrostaticly these nodes all couple and the beast sings. What I find odd is the lights are bright white(electrostatic?) but get hot. And there are huge sparks in that one demo of SM holding the ends. I cant even get near my tests without feeling that warm glow inside.

@MH,
You must not leave. With your transformer knowledge you should be able to resonate 2 transformers with feedback into self destruction. It creates a charge pump.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-07, 03:37:30 by giantkiller »

I'm going to exit this thread for now, but I'll be back!
Keep the experiments and the theories going, nothing is set in stone unless proved on the bench.

here is a little look at what i been working forward in the tpu..
see if you guys are interested..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUhwG_4ehwM[/youtube]

roobie

tExB=qr
The only "NDA" that I have is my own lack of knowledge.  Seems that just about everyone signed that one!  LOL!

Seriously, all conventional explanations fall short.

Someone posted a list of the sizes and weights vs outputs for all of the TPU's a while back.  The later versions had very interesting size vs output ratios.

Buy me a drink
The 800volts at 10amps is what has kept ahold of me. It think wattsup did the weights.

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Here are the weights and outputs someone posted, I have not checked them for correctness:
TPU Weights

12 Ounce Open Unit in the 38 Min Film.

OD = 6 inches.
Height = 2 inches.
Thickness = 1 inch.
Output = 186V @ 5 Amps.  7 Amps with a Heat Sink.

============================================
Small 1 Pounder, Open Coil.  Took Magnet from his pocket.

OD = 4 inches.
Height = 1 3/4 inches.
Output = 100V @ 1 Amp.  7.3 Hz & 5 KHz.
=================================
5 Inch Unit evaluated at U of C, by Dr Schinzinger
Date:  12-12-95

OD = 4 ¾”.    ID = 3 ”
Thickness = 7/8 ”
Height = 2”
Weight = He said Very Light.
Output = 137 V at 1 Amp through a 100 W Bulb.
Luminescence Meter Measured = 2.5
==================================
17 Inch Unit evaluated at U of C, by Dr Schinzinger
Date:  12-12-95

OD = 17”.    ID = 15 ”
Thickness = 1 ”
Height = 4”
Weight = He said about 6 pounds.
Output = 614 V
==================================

Small Open Coil, 1 1/2  Pounder:

OD = 6 inches.
Height = 2 inches.
Thickness = 3/4 inches.
Output = 120V @ 5 Amps.  7.3 Hz & 5 KHz.
=================================
Large 17" Open Coil TPU in video.

OD = 17 inches.
Height = 4 inches.
Thickness =
Weight = 6 Pounds.
Output = 830V @ 1.0 Amps.

===============================================================

MH

Another quick shot with the big audio amps......but he didn't bring those amps to UCI at the prof's lab. We been down this road before.

EM

You are entitled to your opinion about stealing waste power from the power lines. It is a theory to be developed and either accepted or discarded. Respectfully though, other than lighting a few milliwatt LED's how much power can you extract from the power lines ?

I've always considered you one of the brighter guys on the forum, but there may be a time to take a close look at this theory and either develop it to the max or discard it. How much progress has really been made in this area by anyone? I would include it as one of five possible theories, but personally would not hold much hope for it. I consider it a somewhat myopic viewpoint considering the square law for radiation and directionality, and considering all the evidence which points away from this theory which you have conveniently swept away in your desire to promote it. There is a lot of evidence that negates this theory.

Despite my lack of belief in power line harmonic capture, I encourage you to continue working on this theory, and let us know when you've lit those big incandescent lamps.

Kooler:

Showing voltage on a meter is not an indication of power, that's why I don't include SM's first unit as a serious unit to study. It is a curiosity item only. Had SM lit the 25 Watt bulb (the claimed power output), I could take it more seriously. Why he did not do this is strange to me. He should have hooked a real load to the FTPU.

To me a clearly annotated schematic tells a lot more than a video. Where is the schematic, and where is the load? Posting a video such as this tells us little about power in / power output. Exactly what is the point of the demonstration?
« Last Edit: 2011-09-08, 15:29:37 by ION »

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Buy me a drink
To me a clearly annotated schematic tells a lot more than a video. Where is the schematic, and where is the load? Posting a video such as this tells us little about power in / power output. Exactly what is the point of the demonstration?

I always saw this as a teaser alluding to bigger things. It also showed stand alone lighting possibilities. I have also come away with this as there will be no spoon feeding from the source. In all these years, people, regardless of knowledge and experience have not reverse engineered the tpu process? What gives? Nobody?

Interesting frequency mapping. Closely ties into Walter Russell.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxrbfMIYfWU&NR=1[/youtube]
« Last Edit: 2011-09-07, 16:55:36 by giantkiller »

I always saw this as a teaser alluding to bigger things. It also showed stand alone lighting possibilities. I have also come away with this as there will be no spoon feeding from the source. In all these years, people, regardless of knowledge and experience have not reverse engineered the tpu process? What gives? Nobody?

You misunderstood what I was saying, this was specifically addressed to Kooler about his video, not the FTPU.
SM was certainly not about to give away a schematic.

Agreed, though SM's video documenting of the FTPU was brief,  hasty, and haphazard. He fumbles with a meter he should have known how to work. He shows no load connected to the device and terminates the video stating he wants to show us another unit. Then proceeds to the garage and the OTPU demo.
The FTPU may very well have been a teaser.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-07, 17:00:07 by ION »

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

I'm going to exit this thread for now, but I'll be back!
Keep the experiments and the theories going, nothing is set in stone unless proved on the bench.

This is the right attitude, as you say, nothing is set in stone unless proved on the bench. That's why I get a little frayed when you matter of fact state you are 100% sure of the power line harmonic capture but cannot demonstrate that level of power capture on the bench.

On another note I should have added a third method to produce the large arcs seen in the video by SM. Charge some large electrolytics to 800 volts and draw the arc through an appropriate value resistor.

SM told us he used a resistor in series with the leads that produced the arc. I propose that the large electrolytics seen in the video were a series stack with bleeder resistors for voltage equalization, a common practice when you need to filter in excess of 450 volts, which is the limit for most commonly available electrolytics.

Had he not used the resistor we would have heard a loud crack when he shorted the output.

SM was an old tube TV guy. He knew this practice of stacking electrolytics from his experience with the boosted B+ common to early tube sets. In those sets a damper diode (tube) is used to catch the flyback pulse and add it to the B+ thus exceeding the rating of the normal 400 volt electrolytics in those sets, hence the need for stacked electrolytics.

The Boosted B+ was used to provide sufficient potential for the plate of the horizontal output tube (flyback driver).

Peterae: you are a TV repair guy from way back, correct me if I'm wrong, I was servicing sets with my dad from about age 10. I'm one of those old farts someone talked about earlier.

Another thing I forgot to mention, a prime clue, is the slight gyroscopic effect present in the TPU. Food for much thought.

I admit SM's first TPU would have been better accepted if he would have connected a 25 W bulb as a load.

HOWEVER, it did work because:

1.  He said on camera that it quit working when it was flipped upside down.  This PROVES it had a rotating magnetic field that didn't like rotating backwards when flipped over.

2.  He said on camera that it had a gyroscopic "feel" to it when the TPU was moved sideways.  This proves a rotating magnetic field.

I admit SM's first TPU would have been better accepted if he would have connected a 25 W bulb as a load.

HOWEVER, it did work because:

1.  He said on camera that it quit working when it was flipped upside down.  This PROVES it had a rotating magnetic field that didn't like rotating backwards when flipped over.

2.  He said on camera that it had a gyroscopic "feel" to it when the TPU was moved sideways.  This proves a rotating magnetic field.

ALLPHASE: you cannot make that leap of judgement to a rotating magnetic field.  There are other possible answers such as a rotating acoustic field. Acoustic Ring Resonators also present a gyroscopic effect. What about the washboard stiction effect? You cannot get that simply with a rotating magnetic field. Try rotating a small powerful magnet axially on the end of a motor. You will have the rotating magnetic field but no washboard "stiction" effect.

You may retort that it will have the gyro effect, but it would have that even if you rotated a non-magnetic mass.

Just gather the clues, be careful in making hasty judgements about what it is, we have been down many blind alleys that way.

tExB=qr
ALLPHASE: you cannot make that leap of judgement to a rotating magnetic field.  There are other possible answers such as a rotating acoustic field. Acoustic Ring Resonators also present a gyroscopic effect. What about the washboard stiction effect? You cannot get that simply with a rotating magnetic field. Try rotating a small powerful magnet axially on the end of a motor. You will have the rotating magnetic field but no washboard "stiction" effect.

You may retort that it will have the gyro effect, but it would have that even if you rotated a non-magnetic mass.

Just gather the clues, be careful in making hasty judgements about what it is, we have been down many blind alleys that way.

What was said in the videos about the stiction/washboard effect?

Buy me a drink
Also,
The unit on the glass table did work hanging down by sms side.
Before that he handed it to the other man who stated 'vibrations'.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-11, 23:46:30 by giantkiller »

What was said in the videos about the stiction/washboard effect?

In one of the videos the 17"device was placed on top of two table leaves . Onlookers are invited to push the device to and fro to feel the ripple effect.

I used the words stiction / washboard, but would have to review the video to see what was actually said.

From WIKI:
Stiction is an informal portmanteau of the term "static friction" (μs), perhaps also influenced by the verb "stick", coined by Ben Cazzolato. Its existence is questionable.

Two solid objects pressing against each other (but not sliding) will require some threshold of force parallel to the surface of contact in order to overcome static cohesion. Stiction is a threshold, not a continuous force.

I used this (stiction) term to represent a sliding and catching effect although it is probably not a perfect term and I may have misapplied it in this case. "Washboard" or "ripple effect" is probably more accurate.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-09, 01:31:34 by ION »

EMDevices,  As much as I respect what you did in tracking down SM and doing the EMF tests one cannot possibly believe all the power SM demonstrated was coming from power lines even at 20 meters.  The inverse square law alone would make that impossible.  And especially the demos in an airplane and elsewhere makes your theory ridiiculous unless you are just saying the ambient grid EMF is a trigger that got things going in the TPU.  That I could almost accept but there is no way you are getting all that power at the distances he had his TPU's unless the grid EMF is just triggering energy from ZPE or some such source. 

May I suggest that your continued inability to let go of this nonsensical theory supports blocking your feelings of guilt for not having the balls to go knock on SM's door once you had tracked him down, asked him for a demo and then grabbed his TPU running away like a madman which would have resulted in saving GK thousands of hours of work and would have saved the world by now from it's self destructive course of energy consumption.   No guilt trip intended  C.C

;D

Ok, another "quick" post for ION!     ;)

@ION
This is the right attitude, as you say, nothing is set in stone unless proved on the bench. That's why I get a little frayed when you matter of fact state you are 100% sure of the power line harmonic capture but cannot demonstrate that level of power capture on the bench.

That was a rhetorical statement ION, I proved my theory on the bench and you guys have to prove your theory(s).  I am 100% convinced of where the power comes from, but you or everybody else doesn't have to share my conviction, and I don’t expect you to.  I’m not here to convince anybody of anything and I don't believe I can do it either, except perhaps with a demo very similar to SM's, nothing short of that will suffice.   I never had the time or the patience to build something like that because what matters to me is that I have proved the concept to myself and now I am at peace.  I now have answers and it no longer bothers me that I don't know how he did it.  I learned a lot in the process and I’m truly grateful for undertaking this journey.  But, like I said, there are still open questions.  I don't claim to know all the details of his device just the part about the source of energy.

For people that say SM had 800 volts and 10 amps, can you do that?     This is what I have to say:    

If I show you a circuit that produces 80 volts and 1 amp,  so 10 times less,  from an artificial power line, or transmitter,   and this transmitter operates at 10 times LOWER voltage than a normal power line,  would you be convinced that I have something similar?      If you are not than you don't trust circuit analysis and Ohms law.  Everything scales up very nicely.  I in fact have achieved something very similar that convinced me that IF I SCALE IT UP IT WILL WORK like SMs TPUs.  To have this kind of faith requires training and experience, and I don't expect people on this forum to understand and take me at my word.   I just don't have the time these days to build something just so I can convince the skeptics, what would I get from this waste of energy?    More ridicule?  more skepticism?  cries of, “you faked it”?    No thank you.

Here's what I built to prove to myself and to an engineer coworker, that LOW FREQUENCY RESONANT MAGNETIC COUPLING IS THE MECHANISM USED BY STEVEN MARK:   I built a loop 1 m by 1 m, held it vertical about 6 feet off the ground on a camera tripod, and fed it about 200 V AC  (not 60 Hz, it gets very hot, don't do this at home, other safety components were used)   Than I built a simple LC tuned loop about 10" diameter with a Q of about 100, and received about 3 volts at ..... get this .... 12 meters away !    Can you picture the proportions?

OK, let's stop right here and see what this means.   Some of you will say, ah that's nothing, 3 volts at 12 meters, that's worthless!   Well, for those trained with experience, they know what the important factors are in scaling up this scenario, here they are:

1 )    Loop Area of the Transmitter Coil
2 )    Loop Area of Receiver Coil
3 )    Separation Distance between the loops normalized to the transmitter diameter.
4 )    The Q of the receiver loop
5 )     Orientation

Given these parameters, I was able to transmit significant power, in my opinion, at a distance of at least 10 times the diameter of the loop just by RESONANT MAGNETIC FIELD COUPLING!   Those that have not played with this technology do not have an appreciation for this number.    We can obviously achieve much farther power transfer with other technologies like directive power transmission utilizing for example radar beams (Sandia has shown they can transmit Kilowatts of power at distances measured in miles at efficiencies of 85% or better. )

Now, how does this relate to Steven Mark and the Power grid?

Well, if we look at a power grid in southern California from space, or normal to the surface of the earth, i.e. a top view, we see MILLIONS OF LOOPS of wire formed by the grid and carrying AC current with high voltages and low frequencies.   Keep proportions in mind for this discussion.   If we have a high Q receiver and walk around anywhere in southern California we will always be in the near fields of these loops of wire.   If we compare the TPU sizes with these large loops across southern California, we have a ratio of loop diameter to receiver diameter that is very large, so naturally I carried out experiments of this type on the bench utilizing large transmission loops and small, or rather miniature receiver loops, something like 20 inches to 1 inch diameter ratio.  To my amazement it worked just fine, and being closer to the transmitter loop relative speaking, I was able to transfer much more power than at larger distances with a much larger receiver loop.     The mini loops worked beautifully even up to 30 inches away from the TX loop, which would be analogous to Steven Mark taking his TPU up in the air in an airplane  above southern California and receiving power from the huge loops formed by the grid on the ground.
So once again, it’s all about proportions, everything scales up or down to within reasonable limits dictated by conductivity, skin effects, etc.

The only thing that I did not test extensively and I regret not having done it, is DC2DC conversion of the received power output.   I did the analysis and I became convinced that I can scale the received voltage for any of the scenarios I described above, and better match the impedance and extract even more power than with a simple LED or resistor connected across the coil, which will disturb the Q of the coil.  Impedance matching is very important.  In the case of the 3 volts at 12 meters away, if I remember correctly, I could pull about 100 mA, so about 300 mW of power.  I estimated that if I design a proper impedance matching circuit I could extract about 3 watts.  

Another area I did not explore to my satisfaction is REGENERATION, where I can now drive the receiver in phase to extract even more power, but all this does is translate in a higher Q receiver.  My methods of improving Q were low ESR capacitors and proper design of the coil, with lots of strands.  But regeneration is something quite important to be explored.

In conclusion, I proved TO MYSELF with math, with circuits, with tests and with experiments I witnessed with my own eyes, that this technology works and how it works and how it scales up.   The key words:  TO MYSELF    I invite everybody to test their own theories and see if they are valid.  I for one have no desire to scale things up at this time.  I might do it later and might surprise you guys with a nice video but don't hold your breath.   I would much rather spend the time investigating the DC creation mechanism of the TPUs and the high Q acoustic vibrations and how magnetostriction plays a part in the TPUs.   Like I said, there are lots of open questions still remaining about the design, not source of power.  By the way, the lowest frequency I managed was 20 KHz, and SM was down at 5 kHz.  I have a lot of respect for Steven Mark as an engineer and for his TPU designs, he achieved something quite impressive!  A wonderful energy harvesting technology!  So I defend the guy and say his TPUs are very REAL and something that can transform our society and usher in what Tesla has been dreaming of:   GLOBAL WIRELESS POWER !

EM

@e2matrix    
lol   ;D
« Last Edit: 2011-09-08, 01:42:50 by EMdevices »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-25, 03:02:54