PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 19:17:38
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21
Author Topic: The TPU: Was It Real ?  (Read 254180 times)
Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
I thought I would post this as some observations on the TPU mystery based  on the videos, and Dr. Schinzingers reports. If you can think of anything that should be added, let me know (PM) and I will add it to the list.

1. Devices were extremely lightweight considering their power density, and could not have contained known battery technology.  (See report of Michael Fennell and Dr. Schinzinger)

2. Devices were observed by various engineer types and Dr. Schinzinger who would have had the good sense to look for hidden wires, batteries, RF fields etc.

3. Devices were carried about while lighting lamps and moved around on the table again eliminating hidden wires or RF induction or heavy batteries.

4. Devices would illuminate large banks of series connected lamps for lengthy periods of time without faltering.

5. Devices would overheat, could be shut down and restarted after cooling.

6. Devices could be cut into pieces after operation showing no hidden batteries and exposing circumferential and toroidal wires.

7. Some units had excellent load regulation, others had poor regulation.

8. Devices would output DC with some 5 kHz and hash (high frequency noise) riding on top of the DC

9. Devices would take some time to wind up to full output.

10. Devices would exhibit a stiction or washboard effect when moved through the air.

11. Some devices would exhibit a slight gyroscopic effect when moved about.

12. Some devices would "wind down" when turned upside down.

13. No time varying magnetic fields were observed in the vicinity that could account for the power output (See Schinzinger report#1)
« Last Edit: 2010-11-04, 14:33:35 by ION »

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

On This Page I will present  Dr. Roland Schinzinger's Life work and Credentials

RESUME   ROLAND SCHINZINGER

Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering  (UCI)
Professor Emeritus of Electrical Engineering  (UCI)
PhD, Univ. California, Berkeley    1966
MS,   ?      1954
BS,   ?      1953
Westinghouse Design School / U. of Pittsburgh  1955
Apprenticeship (Technikum), Bosch Co.   1947
High School (Doitsu Gakuin, Tokyo, Abitur)  1945

Academic Appointments:

(UCI) Associate Dean 1979-83, 1985-86
(UCB)Teaching Fellow 1963-65
Robert College Istanbul Turkey:
Associate Professor 1962-63
Associate Professor 1958-62

University of California, energ. & Mgt. (Grad Program) 1991-92
California State Polytechnic University    1978-80
University of Santa Maria, Brazil     1993
University of Kariruhe, Germany-
Power and High Voltage Institute     1986
University of Manchester Inst. Of Science and Tech.-
And Imperial College, London:     1972-73

Honors:

Fellow, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Eng.,(IEEE)
Fellow, Institute for the Advancement of Engineering
Award for Contributions to Professionalism (IEEE)
1983 Centennial Medal (IEEE)
Science Faculty Fellow (Natl. Sc. Foundation)   1964-65
Sangamo Prize Fellowship (Sangamo Electric)   1953
Honor Societies HKN, TBN, Sigma xi
Listed in ?Who?s Who, Am. Men & Women in Science and Engineering

Publications:

Over 70 technical papers, plus numerous reports and commentaries.
Also four books: Ethics in Engineering   McGraw-Hill
   Conformal Mapping   P.A.Laura
   Emergencies in Water Delivery Davis Pub.
   Electrical Laboratory   SIMA Ltd.

IN MEMORIAM

Roland Schinzinger

Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Emeritus

Irvine

1926—2004

Roland Schinzinger, professor emeritus of electrical engineering and computer science, passed away at his home in Irvine on January 25, 2004 as the result of a heart attack. It was a tremendous loss to the University, where he was one of the founding faculty, a distinguished scholar, a dedicated and universally-liked teacher, and a diligent writer.

Professor Schinzinger was born on November 22, 1926 in Osaka, Japan three years after his German parents moved to Japan. After World War II, Roland decided to come to the United States. Upon his arrival in San Diego, he worked as a taxi driver and a ditch digger to support himself. He was soon awarded a scholarship to study at the University of California, Berkeley, where he earned his B.S. in 1953 and M.S. in 1954, both in electrical engineering. Upon his graduation, Roland worked with Westinghouse in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and taught at Robert College in Istanbul, Turkey. He then returned to UC Berkeley to continue his studies toward a Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering under the guidance of Professor Robert Saunders. In 1965, Roland followed his advisor Professor Saunders to the newly opened UC Irvine campus where he completed his Ph.D. research in 1966. The same year, he joined UCI as an assistant professor. Throughout the years, Professor Schinzinger served the School of Engineering as associate dean for undergraduate student affairs, associate dean for graduate affairs, and on occasion as acting dean. He also held a long-term joint appointment in the Graduate School of Management, where he was instrumental in developing a program in operations research. Roland became a professor emeritus on January 1, 1993, but remained active in teaching classes and mentoring students. He was the academic director of the Energy Scholars Program and a mentor to the students who participated in independent studies of the electric vehicle. During his career at UCI, he authored many articles and books in a broad spectrum of research areas covering engineering ethics, power systems, operations research, and education.

Professor Schinzinger was not only a great citizen of UCI, but also of Irvine, Orange County, and the world. Due to his experience in World War II Japan, the peace movement was a passion and a drive throughout his life. He participated in many peace rallies during his undergraduate years at Berkeley. He worked as a counselor at the Santa Ana Peace Center during the Vietnam War . Even recently, he would often stay up late writing and working on e-mails sent all over the world related to issues of peace. His influence reached far and near. Our neighborhoods were the immediate beneficiary. He and his family were members of the Society of Friends, the Quaker congregation in Costa Mesa. He served on the Irvine Planning Commission, as a member of the energy committees for the city and the county, and was the founder of the bicycle trails located throughout Irvine today.

Roland lived a virtuous and influential professional and political life, which he balanced with a strong caring for and focus on his wonderful family. He married Jane Harris in 1952, and together they had one son, Stefan, and two daughters, Annelise and Barbara. Roland was a loving father and husband, and together they traveled the world and left profound imprints on those they met. In 1993, Jane died of cancer. Later, Roland married Shirley Price and together they enjoyed life to the fullest. Their union brought their families even closer together and their joy touched all whom they knew. The world is a better place for Roland’s presence, and all who met him, worked with him, and loved him gained at least a thought, a viewpoint, or a gesture that made a difference in their lives.
===========================================================

Roland Schinzinger (deceased) was active in engineering ethics for over two decades, participating in the National Project on Philosophy and Engineering Ethics (1978-1980) and coauthoring four editions of Ethics in Engineering (McGraw-Hill, 1983, 1989, 1996, and 2005). In addition, he was author of Conformal Mapping: Methods and Applications (1991, 2003), Emergencies in Water Delivery (1979), and Experiments in Electricity and Magnetism (1961).

Schinzinger was a founding faculty member at the University of California at Irvine, where he also served as associate dean for undergraduate student affairs, associate dean for graduate affairs, and on occasion acting dean. He retired as professor emeritus of electrical engineering in 1993. Earlier, his industrial experience included work at Bosch-Japan, Tsurumi Shipyard of Nippon Steel Tube Co., Far Eastern Equipment Co., and Westinghouse Electric Corp. He was a registered professional engineer.

His many professional honors include the IEEE Centennial and Third Millennium medals, Fellow of IEEE, and Fellow of AAAS. In 1992 he received from IEEE's United States Activities Board the Award for Distinguished Literary Contributions Furthering Engineering Professionalism.

Schinzinger was active in his local community at Irvine, California. As a member of the city's planning commission, he helped establish bicycle trails and plan energy efficient housing. He volunteered extensively in peace activities, and worked extensively for the Friends Committee on Legislation, a lobbying group advocating just and compassionate laws in California.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Here are Dr. Schinzinger's reports

This first report was shortly after his visit to Steve's home, and he brought with him some instrumentation. He can be identifies at several points in one of the longer video's
============================================================
Report #1 Posted by Lindsay Mannix, February 07, 2006

ROLAND SCHINZINGER PhD.

Report on Test of Energy Device

At the request of Mr. Richard Mincherton I was present on October 28th at a test demonstration of a device that its inventor claims will produce electric power without measurable energy input except as derived from the earth'’ magnetic and gravitational fields. The test was conducted at the inventor's home. I was allowed to bring and use measuring instruments, but because the inventor had to leave after
1 ½ hours, I was not able to conduct independent tests on my own.

Based on my observations, I can attest to the fact that the three models of the device displayed and tested on that day did indeed light up one, two and six light bulbs (each rated at 100 watt and 120 volt) respectively. This was less then the figures quoted to me before the test, but still adequate to demonstrate that the devices function in some fashion. The smallest unit produced 140 to 150 volts unloaded and 60 to 90 volts when lighting one 100-watt bulb.

The mid-sized unit produced 250 volts unloaded, and was observed producing 142 Volts at 0.5 Ampere after 30 minutes of lighting two bulbs.

The largest unit produced 798 Volts unloaded. With a six-bulb load the voltage dropped to 420 Volts.

It was difficult to determine how many hours the devices may be able to operate because the inventor ended the demonstration after 1 ½ hours.

I could not detect any time-varying magnetic field that might have provided an external energy input.

After the test the inventor cut the toroidally shaped device into segments (though not the controller box located at the center of the device). These samples consisted of an array of circumferentially arranged coils and wires grouped around a core made of a cork like substance.

October 29, 1995 Roland Schinzinger

Here is the letter of Dr. Schinzinger inviting Steven to bring the devices to his lab at UCI for further testing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roland Schinzinger
PhD.
29 Gilman St. Irvine, CA 92715-2703, Phone & FAX: (714) 786-7691

December 1, 1995

Dear Steven,

Thank you for dinner the other night. I truly enjoyed the experience and the ride home together. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

When you get to be my age Stephen you have learned how not to ruffle feathers. If I were in your shoes I would do exactly what we discussed.

I have talked to my associate about the problems as you see it involving the heat created by your unit when generating power. He is willing to assist us in finding a solution and he does not feel it is an insurmountable problem.

The current involved no matter how slight must be a contributing factor, regardless. We must first consider all the working principles and decide how to go about solving the problem.

I look forward to seeing you and your unit at my laboratory around eight thirty on Saturday morning.

I will have only one observer and we will be otherwise alone.
I promise you that we will give an honest evaluation of everything we observe and will attest to what we find.

If you need to talk to me first you may leave a message for me at my office at the University of California Irvine.

Sincerely,

Roland

Here is the Lab report after Steven brings his devices to Dr. Schinzinger's lab at UCI

Sent to LM by SM :Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 22:35:31 EDT

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roland Schinzinger, PhD.
29 Gilman St. Irvine, CA 92715-2703
Phone & FAX: (714) 786-7691

Second report on Energy Device

At the request of Steven Mark I agreed to thoroughly test his invention of an energy device" toroid" at my laboratory at the UCI campus.

With me was John Sanchez who will act as an observer and Mr. Mark who will operate his device for the tests.

The device is reported to develop measurable amounts of electric power beyond any known battery or storage device.

In fact the inventor claims that his device will create electric power indefinitely as long as it is permitted to cool at intervals.

Mr. Mark arrived promptly at 8:30 AM and wasted no time in permitting my examination of two units.

The first unit was roughly shaped like a large donut. It measured approximately 4.72" across with an inside diameter hole of 3" making a core width approximately 1" thick.

The unit was exactly 2" tall, resembling a "Toroid". I did not measure the weight however the unit was extremely light when held in the hand.

Mr. Mark connected the unit directly to a 100 watt 120 volt incandescent light bulb and caused the unit to operate.

It did in fact illuminate the incandescent bulb quite brightly. I measured the voltage at 137 volts D.C. exactly, (ObS). See note*

I then measured the current flowing through the wires to the bulb at a steady one-ampere, (ObS).

We noted the time at 9:06 AM.,(ObS).

We next measured the light output from the bulb with a luminescence meter and noted that it read 2.5, (ObS).

Next we measured a similar incandescent bulb placed in a socket powered from the main 120 volt (as measured) AC power provided to the laboratory.

It measured 2.4 on the luminescence meter. This can probably be accounted for because the voltage as measured from the Toroid device is 137 volts and therefore 12 volts greater, generating a slight increase in light output over the incandescent light powered by the laboratory main power supply system.

The toroid device did indeed provide the standard voltage and current necessary to provide electric lighting for a 120-volt circuit.

The inventor then asked us for another bulb, which we provided him and he set about connecting the second bulb along with the first.

The second bulb was connected in parallel to the first and did indeed light just as brightly as the first.

I measured 137 volts now across the output just as before although the load had doubled and the impedance halved (ObS).

I measured the current flowing to the two bulbs at just less then 2-amperes, (ObS).

The inventor stated that the unit would provide the two amperes at 137 volts for several hours, if not indefinitely.

We were cautioned that the unit while in operation would generate heat leading to self-destruction if not shut down and permitted to cool.

He claimed that after cooling the unit could be restarted and used again over and over.

We permitted the first unit to remain in operation and provide power for the two incandescent bulbs while we turned our attention to the second larger unit the inventor brought with him for testing.

The second unit was again toroid shaped with a large hole in the center. It was approximately 15" at the outside and 13" inside with a core thickness of approximately 1".  The unit was 4"  tall. The unit was not measured in weight but could be easily lifted with one hand, (ObS).

The inventor started the second larger unit in operation and cautioned myself and Mr. Sanchez not to touch the output leads from the device as they were at lethal potential. The time was 9:39 AM.

The inventor measured the output leads and told us there was 600 volts potential at several amperes.

He connected the unit to five 120 volt 100 watt incandescent light bulbs as provided by myself.

The larger second unit did indeed brightly light the five incandescent bulbs brightly. These bulbs were wired in series.

I measured the current through the wire connected to the 5-bulbs at 1.1 ampere, (ObS). I measured the voltage at 614 volts D.C., (ObS).

The inventor then connected another five 120 volt light bulbs along with the first five making a total of ten 120 volt, 100 watt incandescent light bulbs lighting at equal intensity.

I measured the light output with a luminescence meter at 2.43 each light bulb, (ObS). I did not measure the current but calculated it to be 2 amperes at 614 volts.

I asked the inventor if this was the limit of the unit and he replied, "no way."

He provided a quick blow fuse rated at 50 amperes.

With two large electrical clamps and wiring, he shorted the fuse across the output terminals of the toroid and destroyed the fuse, (ObS).

There was only a slight flickering of the ten incandescent bulbs as observed although there was a tremendous discharge of sparks from the output terminals of the toroid unit.

The inventor then gave me the fuse for examination. It was warm to the touch and smelled acrid, (ObS).

It was a large 240 volt AC air conditioner disconnect fuse and designed for severe service duty, (OsS).

The inventor's claim that the large toroid output terminals were at lethal potential was no longer in question.

The time was 11:20 AM when the inventor removed the small toroid unit from operation because of heat build up.

I examined the small toroid unit and it was indeed quite hot to the touch.

The unit had been in steady operation for exactly two hours and fourteen minutes.  Noted: 2-hours and 14 minutes, (ObS).

The load of 2- amperes at 137-volts did not change through the test period.

I can personally state that I do not know of any battery or storage device of this size or weight with this capability.

The time was 12:47 when the inventor removed the large toroid device from operation.

It had been in constant operation for three hours and eight minutes
Noted: 3-hours and 8 minutes, (ObS).

The load of 10-amperes and the voltage of 614 volts did not change throughout the test with the exception that the voltage did began to fluctuate at 12:03 and began a slight decline to 598 volts by the end of the test.

This could be due to heating of the unit while in operation.

I can personally state that I do not know of any battery or storage device of this size or weight with this capability.

I cannot determine how many hours the toriod units could potentially operate because of our limited time available for testing.

I can however state with relative certainty I believe the tests show great potential for this Toroid technology.

December 12, 1995        Roland Schinzinger

*note: (ObS) “also observed by John Sanchez”.

« Last Edit: 2010-11-04, 14:02:10 by ION »

For reference, a report by Michael Fennell who was asked to do an energy evaluation on the TPU. This is commonly known as the "Engineer's Report".
=============================================================
29 September 1997
Michael Fennell (Consulting Engineer)
8348 Menkar Road
San Diego, CA. 92126
To whom it may concern:

I have been hired by Mr. Green to evaluate the performance of the Toroidal Power Unit or TPU as has been described to me as a proprietary invention of Steven Mark who was until 1995 President and Chief engineer of Spheric Laboratories, a public corporation. I have been instructed to compare the performance of the TPU with that of any known batteries and other storage systems.

As understood the device is universally observed to have the following characteristics:
Outside Diameter: 6"
Inside Diameter: 5"
Height: 1 - 3/4"
Weight: 12 ounces
Output Power: 250 Watts
Output Voltage: 160 Volts
Voltage Frequency: 5000 Hz.
Duration of Performance: 30 Minutes

To compare the TPU with commercially available and developed batteries I described its performance in terms of -Specific Energy-.

The power delivered by a battery or motor is the amount of energy delivered per unit time. A 250 Watt device delivers 250 Joules per second. The total energy delivered is the power times the amount of time that the device is on. A 250 Watt power supply that is on for 1 second delivers 250 Joules. Since the TPU was on for a half an hour, it delivered (250W) x (0.5 Hours) = 125 Watt Hour of energy. In Joules that is (250 W) x (1800 s) = 450,000 J.

A convenient way of comparing two energy sources is to compare their specific energies. The specific energy of a battery is the total power it delivers divided by its weight. For the TPU that would be 125 W-Hour / 0.34 Kg or 367 W-Hour / Kg.

Specific energy is a useful number for comparing power supplies for vehicles and portable electronics, because a battery may deliver a large amount of power, but weigh too much to be useful. If the batteries constitute a large fraction of the vehicle mass, much of the power they supply is used just to move their own mass.

I have included a table comparing the specific energy of the TPU with that of other batteries. Generally, batteries are defined as self-contained electrochemical cells: they burn no fuel and require no outside chemicals.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
BATTERY SPECIFIC ENERGY COMPANY W-Hr / Kg REFERENCE

TPU 367 As Observed
Lithium-iron Disulfide 130 (2)
Lithium 125 Battery Engineer(3)
Sodium Sulfur 100 (2)
Nickel-metal Hydride 75 Energy Conversion Devices.(3)
Zink-Bromide 70 Electro Energy(1)
Nickel Cadmium 56 (2)
Lead-Acid(Experimental) 50 (1)
Lead-Acid(Conventional) 35 (1)
----------------------------------------------------
(1) “Electric-Vehicle Batteries,” H. Oman and Gross Feb. 1995
(2) “Solar Dome,” Robert Q. Riley
(3) Phone conversation. See text.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For electric vehicle applications, the most promising near term successor to conventional lead acid batteries are Nickel-Metal-Hydride (NiMH) batteries. These are currently used in laptop computers.

Energy Conversion Devices (ECD) has a large number of patents on NiMH technology, and has licensed the technology to GM in the U.S. and other manufacturers in Europe and South East Asia. To obtain more information on these batteries contact Greg Fritz at ECD (248-363-1750) or John Dunbar at Gold Peak (619-674-5620). Gold Peak Inc. Makes NiMH batteries and is a licensee of ECD. Greg Fritz says that ECD may be able to produce batteries with a specific energy of up to 150 W-Hour / Kg within several years.

Lithium polymer batteries are another promising battery technology. Battery Engineering is bringing out a 125 W-Hour / Kg battery this summer, according to Sal Piazza (619-830-5820), a battery engineer and spokesman.

Capacitors can also be used as energy storage devices. Maxwell Technologies produces a line of ultracapacitors that can achieve extremely high energy storage densities. Their ultracapacitors are used in electric vehicles to capture energy from regenerative brakes and store it for subsequent accelerations. However, according to Ed Blank at Maxwell (619-279-5100) their capacitors can not possibly match the performance characteristics of the TPU. He said that if their capacitors could match the TPU then he would not be at work; he’d be at the beach.

A small Maxwell capacitive energy storage device system is about 18'x18"x6". It can deliver about 42 W-Hr. The unit described by Ed Blank is designed to deliver 5000 W For 30 seconds at 56 volts. I do not have the weight of the device, but the specific energy should be much lower because the box has 108 times the volume of the TPU.

Two characteristics differentiate the performance of the TPU from batteries. First, it has a 5000Hz AC output. Batteries are strictly DC devices. Second, its output voltage is very high compared to typical batteries. Batteries are constructed from electrochemical cells with a small fixed voltage; a typical value is 1.5 volts. Higher voltages are achieved by stacking these small cells together in series. Typically the largest stacks are 12 volts. These higher voltages can not be made arbitrarily large.

Battery cells have internal resistance; if a large number of cells are stacked in a series, each cell in the series will pass all the current delivered by the stack. Consider the concept of the weakest link in a chain.

For example, if ten 1.5 volt cells rated at 1 amp each are stacked together, the stack can only be operated at 1 amp at 15 volts. Drawing higher current would result in each cell in the stack passing more then its rated 1 amp. This would cause internal changes in the cells which can lead to a cessation of the electrochemical energy producing activity or a buildup of gas with possible explosion.

To use many batteries to create the current and high voltage associated with the TPU would be out of the question.

AC voltages can be obtained from battery based power supplies using converters or actually inverters. However, inverters are built using capacitors and inductors that tend to be bulky. This means that it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to build a 160 volt 5000 Hz power source by linking together a large number of low voltage batteries and the additional inverter electronics in a package with the small size and mass of the TPU.

In Summary:

No known form of battery or capacitor comes close to the performance specifications of the TPU as described. Even the best available lithium batteries would require almost triple the weight to deliver an equivalent amount of energy. Whatever this device is, it does not seem to be a battery in the conventional sense of a self contained electrochemical cell that burns no fuel and requires no outside chemicals.

Another point to consider is; from what I understand 30 minutes may not be the limit of this device’s performance. If that is the case, it will be proportionally better in performance. For example, if the device is capable of operating at the same power for 60 minutes, this would equate to about six times its weight in the best available lithium batteries that would be required to deliver the equivalent amount of energy.

Sincerely,
Michael Fennell
B.A. Physics, Swarthmore College1983
M.S. Applied Physics, UCSD, 1988
I have worked on projects for NASA.
I have been a project engineer for ENERGY SCIENCE LABORATORIES, a senior technical associate with AT&T BELL LABORATORIES and have been a technical Writer for the HARVARD UNIVERSITY COMMITTEE ON PATENTS AND COPYRIGHTS.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr

Another point to consider is; from what I understand 30 minutes may not be the limit of this device’s performance. If that is the case, it will be proportionally better in performance. For example, if the device is capable of operating at the same power for 60 minutes, this would equate to about six times its weight in the best available lithium batteries that would be required to deliver the equivalent amount of energy.

The overheating and "flipping over shut off" effects were only present on early units.

In the video "stevennew.mp4" with U.E.C at the top of the screen, SM states that these devices utilize a different method of induction which causes electron flow to produce useful electricity.  One of the device runs for about 20 minutes and the voltage is checked at the start (about 170 volts) and at 20 minutes (about 169 volts).  He states that this device makes batteries obsolete, can power cars and other devices, and that no other energy source offers the same energy density.  (See report by Michael Fennell.)

SM states that the devices are not recievers, and that the electricity is produced within the device.

Even if you abhore conspiracy theories, and such, you can see that if SM's claims are true, then we have a slight problem with the TPU.  It is a viable replacement for "oil" as an energy source.  Oil is still required for many other purposes and used in many many products.  The TPU does not replace oil entirely, it augments it.  It allows us to go beyond the level of energy that oil can supply to us.  There is no ground connection required.  There are no connections to anything but the load.  The TPU allows us to utilize an energy source anywhere in the universe, at any time, for any purpose - indefinitely!  This device and devices that use these same principles can usher in a new era for mankind!

Unfortunately, very few believe, and only a meer handful are willing to put in the bench time to achieve success. 

Instead, we fight over the rights to the planets energy supply.  We surpress devices that are "too efficient".  We complain and argue.  We spend our time on projects that have less documentation than the TPU, and a miniscule amount of success.

Some have argued that the TPU must not bne "real" since so many people have been working on it and it's variations for so many years and nothing has come of it.  This is an incorrect assumption.  A frined of mine came forward on the Eergy Builders Forum and discussed his version that did produce useful power in excess of the power applied for operation.  (I don't recall exactly but I think he put 100w in and got 170w out.)  This device was a collector loop of several turns with four coils wrapepd over it, forming a toroid.  The coils were switched sequentially at around 28mHz.  It was not impessive until he looped the output back to the input.  After brief operation it overheated, cooked, fireballs on the bench, etc.  Two other people witnessed this event on Skype.

Everyone also seems to forget that GK's GK4 device produced some interesting results and was referenced by Spherics.

Before you say "nothing has come of all the work", take a good look at the work that was actually performed.  You will see that most of it is inapplicable, and unrelated, say 70% of it.  20% was wasted do to misunderstanding the information presented.  That leaves a paltry 10% of the useful, which amounts to a few weeks.  So, not much work has actually been performed towards a working TPU.

« Last Edit: 2010-11-04, 15:17:04 by Grumpy »

By the way, G, that quote was not from me, from the Fennell report.

I started this thread hoping it could light up an otherwise very dimly lit bulb.

BTW, I attached the torrent tracker to the "SM Videos Torrent Download" thread and checked the health of the torrent which is very good.

I also have to laugh at those that shoot from the hip. Talking about using boost converters and hidden batteries.

I tried all that with high energy lithium batteries and custom made high efficiency boost converters (remember I'm a switchmode design engineer) and could not come close to the power density required.

so much for quick draw McGraw.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-04, 15:06:56 by ION »

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
I Think the 367 W-Hr / Kg REFERENCE says more than a million words, but how much can we actually trust this documents authenticity.

Unfortunately to my knowledge the good Dr ROLAND SCHINZINGER has not authenticated the others report personally either, and it will be hard for him to do so based on the fact he's no longer in this world.

Luckily the videos showing the run times and bulb loads should be enough to give the TPU a good chance of being real, coupled with other known facts and observations, also the shear fact that it has not been announced a fraud(with technical details) i think gives it credit.

We have had people say SM was not a clever chap(Jack Durban) in my book the guy is defiantly a genius.
Let hope he writes his memoir's before he departs this world.

tExB=qr
I have Michael's phone number.  I lack the courage to call him.

He is exactly who his report says he is.  Else I would not have found him.

tExB=qr
SM's IQ is over 150.

The overheating and "flipping over shut off" effects were only present on early units.

In the video "stevennew.mp4" with U.E.C at the top of the screen, SM states that these devices utilize a different method of induction which causes electron flow to produce useful electricity.  One of the device runs for about 20 minutes and the voltage is checked at the start (about 170 volts) and at 20 minutes (about 169 volts).  He states that this device makes batteries obsolete, can power cars and other devices, and that no other energy source offers the same energy density.  (See report by Michael Fennell.)

SM states that the devices are not recievers, and that the electricity is produced within the device.

Even if you abhore conspiracy theories, and such, you can see that if SM's claims are true, then we have a slight problem with the TPU.  It is a viable replacement for "oil" as an energy source.  Oil is still required for many other purposes and used in many many products.  The TPU does not replace oil entirely, it augments it.  It allows us to go beyond the level of energy that oil can supply to us.  There is no ground connection required.  There are no connections to anything but the load.  The TPU allows us to utilize an energy source anywhere in the universe, at any time, for any purpose - indefinitely!  This device and devices that use these same principles can usher in a new era for mankind!

Unfortunately, very few believe, and only a meer handful are willing to put in the bench time to achieve success. 

Instead, we fight over the rights to the planets energy supply.  We surpress devices that are "too efficient".  We complain and argue.  We spend our time on projects that have less documentation than the TPU, and a miniscule amount of success.

Some have argued that the TPU must not bne "real" since so many people have been working on it and it's variations for so many years and nothing has come of it.  This is an incorrect assumption.  A frined of mine came forward on the Eergy Builders Forum and discussed his version that did produce useful power in excess of the power applied for operation.  (I don't recall exactly but I think he put 100w in and got 170w out.)  This device was a collector loop of several turns with four coils wrapepd over it, forming a toroid.  The coils were switched sequentially at around 28mHz.  It was not impessive until he looped the output back to the input.  After brief operation it overheated, cooked, fireballs on the bench, etc.  Two other people witnessed this event on Skype.

Everyone also seems to forget that GK's GK4 device produced some interesting results and was referenced by Spherics.

Before you say "nothing has come of all the work", take a good look at the work that was actually performed.  You will see that most of it is inapplicable, and unrelated, say 70% of it.  20% was wasted do to misunderstanding the information presented.  That leaves a paltry 10% of the useful, which amounts to a few weeks.  So, not much work has actually been performed towards a working TPU.

Buy me some coffee
It maybe easier if we had an email address for him  ;D

It would be a real bonus to get the report actually verified though

It maybe easier if we had an email address for him  ;D

It would be a real bonus to get the report actually verified though

I have asked Lindsay repeatedly for more info on those reports, but it was never forthcoming.

I can tell you that I have a pretty good nose for this sort of thing and the reports read "true" to me, no red flags.

tExB=qr
I emailed Michael Fennell.

Buy me some coffee
way to go G  ;D, let's hope he reply's, this could be very interesting indeed.

Hope so ION but you cannot beat direct proof, which so far i have only seen the videos.

I emailed Michael Fennell.

I doubt that you will get an honest reply, though I could be wrong.

Look at what happened to Sanchez.
(in the letters)

tExB=qr
Isn't Sanchez still there at Berkeley?

Isn't Sanchez still there at Berkeley?

Don't know if he's still there, just seems he won't talk about the TPU.

Hats off to you G for having the courage to contact Fennell.

Group: Guest
The main problem with the TPU is the amount of information available , there only speculation on how it work . Even the toroidal shape mean nothing , its maybe just a convenient way to present the device and nothing related at all with what we think .Its like trying to reverse engineer a aircraft reactor just the looking at the outside, some fuel input, some wire , and 1 million speculation on how its should work from a unverifiable source.

If Grumpy get some information from Fennell that will be the only one that ill personally trust because it come from a reliable source and not from some funky conversation with a nowhere.

I still believe the device is real and i really hope that we will get some crucial information on how it really work from that email or at least a guide line.

Best Regards,
IceStorm

tExB=qr
I found Sanchez.

Group: Guest
no TPU was not real
best to look at other inventions.

tExB=qr
Found Campbell too.

tExB=qr
no TPU was not real

such as?

no TPU was not real

I would be interested how you came to this conclusion. Did you research it carefully, track down every lead, develop timelines? What was the extent of your research, what key factors led you to believe this.

Why would Dr. Schinzinger express great interest in the device? Have you carefully read the test reports?

« Last Edit: 2010-11-04, 22:47:00 by ION »

Group: Ambassador

MH or ION
Regaurding the TPU and fellows experimenting nowadays,have you a cause for this??
From Bruce TPU at OU today http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=2300.msg262956#new
Quote:

Harmonics are dangerous.  A friend experimented with harmonics and a coil (completely different type set up than this) and disinigrated his wire coil and put a hole in his garage ceiling.  My "ah ha!" moment came when I finally realized that I needed to be looking at the magnetic field associated with harmonics and NOT the e-field.  

Chet
PS
These are the kinds of statements From exemplary People, that lead me to the conclusion that this is no BS.

MH or ION
Regaurding the TPU and fellows experimenting nowadays,have you a cause for this??
From Bruce TPU at OU today http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=2300.msg262956#new
Quote:

Harmonics are dangerous.  A friend experimented with harmonics and a coil (completely different type set up than this) and disinigrated his wire coil and put a hole in his garage ceiling.  My "ah ha!" moment came when I finally realized that I needed to be looking at the magnetic field associated with harmonics and NOT the e-field.  

Chet
PS
These are the kinds of statements From exemplary People, that lead me to the conclusion that this is no BS.

Was he able to replicate the experiment with controls in place so that this would not occur a second time? Where is the complete documentation to get this effect. Reputable experimenters keep detailed documentation so that others may duplicate their experiments. This is scientific method, not heresay ( friend of a friend etc.).

When Faraday first documented his induction experiments a whole new industry was born building generators, small ones at first then giant ones. His discoveries were replicated all over the world and ushered in the age of electricity. It changed everything.

I don't see anything like this happening in the FE or OU community. Seems no one has made that crucial first experiment that represents a fundamental new discovery of energy production, is documented, and is replicable .

When it happens, you will know it. It will change everything

tExB=qr
All in due time.

It is a misconception that this new power source will free us from oil.  Rather it will serve to propel us forward faster than ever.  It will take energy to build devices and perform research.  It will take oil to make semiconductors and insulators and other materials.  Oil production will purr along at its own unrelenting pace.

It is not the replacement of oil or income or power that they fear.  It is the accelerated growth that a new energy source brings.  They know they can not keep pace. 

As my brother once put it: Screw 'em if they can't keep up.

100kW is the figure that Harold Aspden calculated - From a device the size of a beer can.

When gasoline is $10 US per gallon in a couple of years, what are you going to be doing?  Waiting in line for fuel?  Eating Raman Noodles to save your money for gas?  Burning your furniture for heat?

We are better than that.   

The answers are right in front of you.  They have been disclosed to the best ability of the discloser.  If you do not "believe", you have only yourselves to blame.  Remember, the disclosers never asked you for anything.  Not a single thing.

Now.  Get to work!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 19:17:38