PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-05-17, 15:12:22
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
Author Topic: Dally, Shark & Ruslan workbench  (Read 225208 times)

Group: Restricted

Enjoy your trek through life but leave no tracks
NickZ.

Thanks for  trying to help, but some help is like an attack especially when your helper refuses to understand.
When last did you work on your device, or are you contented with lighting three bulbs without selfrunning. If that is your goal am afraid, which was why I said lighting 3 bulbs was not my target. I would rather go do something else with my time.

The last time I checked , you always tune to retune each time you load or unload a bulb. We know in general this device is having anomalies, but yours is paranormal. I just hope a time would not come that you have to jump up 3times for your bulb to come up ;D ;D

Anyway I like your comments, keep them coming. I wonder how here would look like without them.

As you can see, I just took delivery of some Movistors I ordered.

Am still working.

Maxolous
why your collecting ciramics too !   

for the katcher tune i asume.  ;)   
PS i have a Mos Fet version of your vermister idea I must dig it out as some one else might find it of use.
it turns power through off till reset rather than burning up! asuming it too doesnt fry  C.C

@ Verpies can you elaberate on the 2.5mm grenade lits wire idea ?

Sil

---------------------------
Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..This is the third time, You aint doing this again.

why your collecting ciramics too !   

AG

They are not a capacitors. They are varistors or Movistors , we use them to clampdown excessive voltage like in surge arrestor.

for the katcher tune i asume.  ;)   
It is for push-pull transistor protection only.

Maxolous

AG

They are not a capacitors. They are varistors or Movistors , we use the to clampdown excessive voltage like in surge arrestor.
It is for push-pull transistor protection only.

Maxolous
Oh yes i have a collection of them too. my last wound ferrite core doesn't use them if you wind the push pull
2 windings side by side close wound the spikes get used  by the other winding, it's difficult to explain.

But if biffilar woumd one winding is start for drain and the other is power then the other end is oposite
if there is any over shoot just use 2 fast diodes into a low value resister back into the supply line, that way you don't wast power into heat.

drain vvvvvvvvv + volts
  +volts vvvvvvvvv drain

Sil

Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..This is the third time, You aint doing this again.

Group: Professor

They are not a capacitors. They are varistors or Movistors , we use them to clampdown excessive voltage like in surge arrestor.
Do you know that these varistors have an internal capacitance, which does not matter at 60Hz but becomes significant at kHz ?
Do you realize that their voltage clamping is gradually self-destructive ?

my last wound ferrite core doesn't use them if you wind the push pull with 2 windings side by side close wound the spikes get used  by the other winding, it's difficult to explain.
Do you mean this ?:

https://youtu.be/RU15rQEV-Rg

@ Verpies can you elaberate on the 2.5mm grenade litz wire idea ?
It doesn't have to be a 2.5mm diameter Litz wire ...but Litz wire of such diameter will have 704% less AC resistance to a 500kHz current than a solid copper wire of the same diameter.

BTW: At these frequencies, stranded wire (not Litz wire) is not much different than the solid wire. It just bends easier...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c1/Lica.png/300px-Lica.png
Dally, Shark & Ruslan workbench

Anatomy of a Litz wire
(each strand is individually insulated)

Group: Guest
NickZ.

Thanks for  trying to help, but some help is like an attack especially when your helper refuses to understand.
When last did you work on your device, or are you contented with lighting three bulbs without selfrunning. If that is your goal am afraid, which was why I said lighting 3 bulbs was not my target. I would rather go do something else with my time.

The last time I checked , you always tune to retune each time you load or unload a bulb. We know in general this device is having anomalies, but yours is paranormal. I just hope a time would not come that you have to jump up 3times for your bulb to come up ;D ;D

Anyway I like your comments, keep them coming. I wonder how here would look like without them.

As you can see, I just took delivery of some Movistors I ordered.

Am still working.

Maxolous

Well Max:  I really don't like your comments at all. Perhaps the truth is hard for you to take, and you feel offended.
But, your constant insults are even more offensive to me.  So, like I said, carry on without me. We have nothing to discuss. You blew it, with me.
   That's it, and that's all...

NickZ
« Last Edit: 2021-11-02, 22:04:54 by NickZ »

Do you?

I do and that's why I cannot accept your proposition.
...but I don't even need to because it is YOUR proposition.

Your lack of knowledge of the properties and rules that govern your "ambient" makes a poor basis for formulating a cogent M.O. which is needed for guiding our experimentation.

« Last Edit: 2021-11-03, 15:24:12 by NickZ »

Well Max:  I really don't like your comments at all. Perhaps the truth is hard for you to take, and you feel offended.
But, your constant insults are even more offensive to me.  So, like I said, carry on without me. We have nothing to discuss. You blew it, with me.
   That's it, and that's all...

NickZ

NickZ,

I don't mean to offend you, if you feel so , forgive me.

Cheers!!

Maxolous

@NickZ

Take your words out of my quotebox in this post of yours:
https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=3926.msg95715#msg95715

I do not want someone reading this thread to get the idea that I am an author of these words. Especially that request for the proof of an unbounded existential negative, which constitutes a logical fallacy on its own.

Verpies:

OK, thanks, for that. On YOUR QUOTE box. Oh, I had no idea that it was "yours". Sorry....
    Heaven forbid, Verpies, I'll be glad to assist, we can't have that.

Someone could think that you are me, or that I am you. Could be fatal... I know how serious that could be, logical fallacy and all.

One question, what are you calling an unbounted what???  I think that I may have come late that day, and had a bad hair day.
 Or was it that a negative of a negative, is a negative. Sorry, I don't know... could be beyond me...

NickZ
« Last Edit: 2021-11-02, 22:47:24 by NickZ »

On YOUR QUOTE box. Oh, I had no idea that it was "yours".
Yes, everything between the [ quote author=verpies... ] and [ /quote ] tags is mine.

One question, what are you calling an unbounted what??? 
...Existential Negative.

A proof of such negative existential statement cannot exist because:
The lack of proof for existence is not a proof of non-existence.

In other words, it is a logical fallacy and as such can never be proven.

For example, a statement like "Unicorns do not exist" cannot be proven because the lack of proofs for Unicorns' existence is not a proof of their non-existence.

Yes, everything between the [ quote author=verpies... ] and [ /quote ] tags is mine.
...Existential Negative.

For example, a statement like "Unicorns do not exist" cannot be proven because the lack of proofs for Unicorns' existence is not a proof of their non-existence.

Good to know...shit happens sometimes. I hope it's not fatal...

I will take my leave, as this discussion has gotten way to technical, for simple guys like me.

Nick

Group: Tinkerer

Nick,

If you take your leave who will remain to "keep it real?"

Simplicity is almost always the best solution.

Didn't William of Ockham say something to that effect?

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

You are like a breath of fresh air.
    Always good to hear from you.

NickZ

Do you know that these varistors have an internal capacitance, which does not matter at 60Hz but becomes significant at kHz ?
Do you realize that their voltage clamping is gradually self-destructive ?

I have removed them from my cct. perhaps the calculation was not right. They blew up, maybe i underestimated the voltage in operation in that region of my cct.

Maxolous

I will take my leave, as this discussion has gotten way to technical, for simple guys like me.

Nick

NickZ

We cannot afford not to have you here.

Cheers!

Yeah , but William was not having to fight off these shark attacks.
   Real is what you make it...But I get along with sharks. You get back what you put out. I know...
I would like, very much to have my device, wake up and run itself. Then all my problems will be solved.
Thank you Jesus, thank you lord.

NickZ

You know that I'm not religious...

Thank you Jesus, thank you lord.

NickZ

You know that I'm not religious...
Nick the name Jesus did noit exist before  the King james book publication 1611 !
be aware God and the creater might not be the same thing.

Be also aware religion is off topic here.

Nick the name Jesus did noit exist before  the King james book publication 1611 !
be aware God and the creater might not be the same thing.

Be also aware religion is off topic here. 

Oh my God, good to know, as well. You mean that someone could confuse them, like Verpies and I???

...Existential Negative.

Verpies:
   I made sure that I gave the keyboard a couple more good clicks, this time.  That other time I forgot to read the instructions...
   I'm learning so many new things here, example: Unicorns like God and Ghosts, may be real, due to the lack of proof, I get it now.
   So, are FE devices... Can't be proven. "Existential Logical Fallacy".  Oh my...  I had to ask AG how to spell that.

NickZ

PS.  Max, don't ever believe what I tell you.  You know, how I told you, that's it and that's all. 
Well, I lied. That was only for Mondays and Tuesdays. Not today.
I only get upset on those other days, and on the full moon. Just so you know...

Verpies:
   I made sure that I gave the keyboard a couple more good clicks, this time.  That other time I forgot to read the instructions...

NickZ

PS.  Max, don't ever believe what I tell you.  You know, how I told you, that's it and that's all. 
Well, I lied. That was only for Mondays and Tuesdays. Not today.
I only get upset on those other days, and on the full moon. Just so you know...

NickZ,

It's okay!

Good to know

Maxolous

OK, the Kindergarden is over.

What do you think the Grenade has done to this segment of wire ?
http://youtu.be/2Y8MCLN0xdg?t=3m18s

Group: Elite Experimentalist

OK, the Kindergarden is over.

What do you think the Grenade has done to this segment of wire ?
http://youtu.be/2Y8MCLN0xdg?t=3m18s

If i remember correctly, the word then was that it was transmutation from copper into nickel which is an element next to copper.

But there was a lot of doubt about that.

Itsu

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-05-17, 15:12:22