PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-18, 18:52:54
News: Check out the Benches; a place for people to moderate their own thread and document their builds and data.
If you would like your own Bench, please PM an Admin.
Most Benches are visible only to members.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Author Topic: Flux Gate Interrupter, BEMF Redirector  (Read 322708 times)

Just uploading my vid now. I went and bought an ac cooling fan thanks to Mike. My cogging is so strong I did not have a motor that would run it . I used a drill instead. I just wanted to share what I did and thank Mike. I got it up to just over 5 v but ineed more coils and mags. It's only two pole ATM.
To get away from issue you need elevation which allows small force to run things like this. The most simple option is large pulley on generator like in original video with small pulley on motor connected by belt.
This also require more pieces of soft iron on rotor but this is manageable with proper generator design.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Need some brains here with this one.  I just stumbled across it tonight.  If there is anything to it, this could potentially kick the door wide open.

Get out google translate and try a few experiments.

That device was developed by a physicist named Stephan Marinov.  He later developed a much more interesting device termed the MAGVID, which used a rotating magnetic field to create a strong vortex (with a biasing field outside from another coil).  This device is supposed to have produced a beam out the center just like a pulsar when operated around 30 MHz.

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
It seems that some have not got the idea of how this was done, here is my drawing of my experimental setup which I am now implimenting narrower gaps which is important to get a higher output.

The iron of the rotor should be the same width as the iron of the stator coils also.

To also increase output bigger coils should be used.

regards

Mike 8)
« Last Edit: 2014-11-18, 18:30:57 by Centraflow »

---------------------------
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
That device was developed by a physicist named Stephan Marinov.  He later developed a much more interesting device termed the MAGVID, which used a rotating magnetic field to create a strong vortex (with a biasing field outside from another coil).  This device is supposed to have produced a beam out the center just like a pulsar when operated around 30 MHz.

This blew me away the first time I saw it. I assume it is the same man ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkGjjWzOD20

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

tExB=qr
This blew me away the first time I saw it. I assume it is the same man ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkGjjWzOD20

Cheers Grum.

Yeah, that's him.  He supposedly committed suicide by jumping off a stairway, but there is some speculation that he was terminated as he was at a symposium and planning to demonstrate his MAGVID device, proving that aether vortices exist...

EDIT:
That is where you all should be looking, in my humble opinion.

Yeah, that's him.  He supposedly committed suicide by jumping off a stairway, but there is some speculation that he was terminated as he was at a symposium and planning to demonstrate his MAGVID device, proving that aether vortices exist...

EDIT:
That is where you all should be looking, in my humble opinion.

http://blog.lege.net/Mathias_Bage/GLCRA-MAGVID-annotated.pdf and http://redshift.vif.com/JournalFiles/Pre2001/V05NO3PDF/v05n3phi.pdf ?

That is worth entire separate thread to keep this one focused on magnetic field switching.....

tExB=qr

I don't understand - video to come but I am getting 15v AC by putting a coil on the opposite side of the mags from where the steel passes. So the mags are between the steel and the coil. No idea about current yet

Ok I think my small coil on the outside is getting around 10v but in microamp range as it will not light the LED. However the bigger gauge coils on the outside light the LED and get around 3v so I'm guessing they are in milliamps at least. I think I'll put 4 bigguns on the outside to get 12v then start to run some tests on current.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSIYmq6W_d0

Here's the one with the bigass coil lighting the LED https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jknKSEDtA5M

Here's the one with the bigass coil lighting the LED https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jknKSEDtA5M
One of things you might to try:

If you fix magnets in the center then have soft iron on rotor in 1mm distance from magnet then you can play around with all sorts of coils for hitting Garry magnetic effect on variable distance between iron and coil. The voltage and current will be much higher in outer casing than inner casing placements due simple fact of circular speed movement between coil and iron core which also becomes temporary magnet....
Also to win over cogging between magnet and moving iron core you will need pulley for mechanical leverage effect which will increase torque in expense of spinning speed (so more coils/magnets/iron cores will be needed for same frequency).
Obviously the fan motor casing won't fit these and you will need something else for assembly base...

Cheers!

Thanks T. Got a motor and pulley hooked up. As expected adding two more steels has increased voltage by 50%. No more mags or coils yet. Uploading vid now.

Here's the latest test http://youtu.be/_zZHFLx4rZg as described abowe

Here's the latest test http://youtu.be/_zZHFLx4rZg as described abowe

Nice one  :)

Just when you have coil in another side of magnet it gets weaker effect as moving magnetic field extends and shrinks more on the iron side.
Also the as I said before, the coils in center are getting less power by lower radial speed in center of circle than on outer casing.
If you got another big burned fan motor then placing magnets instead of coils in center and coils on outer casing would get you perfect arrangement.
This can be easily done by cutting center core to the minimum size for holding magnets and leaving out distance between spinning cores and magnets less than 2mm.
The relationship of distance between magnet and coil is parabolic so most power can be gained when the distance is very small.
For W. Gary magnetic effect you still have to find sweet spot between spinning core and coil where spinning core appears in the neutral zone (bloch wall) between shorted coil and magnet.

Cheers!

Group: Experimentalist

Buy me a beer
Hi All,

Holding off posting more at the moment as I have found an interesting phenomina which needs more investigation and a little build if I can find the things I want in my scrap box ;D

regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

Ironically the crucial thing that made the whole thing go, broke- the rubber band. So no more for tonight. I did observe  a behaviour that I hadnt seen before.

I removed the centre coil and replaced it with mags with same poles facing the external mags. So I still only had mags at 180deg to each other like the last video but now I had two mags on the inside of the rotor with same poles facing. When I  had the coil in the same place as the last vid I only got 2.5v however if I put it underneath the motor or above it perpendicular to the motor I got 4-5v. I then proceeded to install another two sets of mags so I now had four sets external and four sets internal. The pick up coil best position then returned to the side of the motor rather thn on top or below.

Just a quick update. Keep breaking the belt so no vids. I did however replace the holder of the internal mag holder. It was a piece of plastic tube now it is a piece of metal tubing. It tripled the voltage on my big ass coil. I'm assuming to get the amps up I need to use a heavier gauge coil. Does it matter though? Pardon my ignorance. The issue is total power output. I've tripled the voltage on the bigass and a coil I have taken from a dynamo out of a bike The bike coil now gets just under 2v. I haven't measured amps but would the wats from both coils be the same? I'm trying to work out if I should be winding new coils that maximise total wattage

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee
Just a quick update. Keep breaking the belt so no vids. I did however replace the holder of the internal mag holder. It was a piece of plastic tube now it is a piece of metal tubing. It tripled the voltage on my big ass coil. I'm assuming to get the amps up I need to use a heavier gauge coil. Does it matter though? Pardon my ignorance. The issue is total power output. I've tripled the voltage on the bigass and a coil I have taken from a dynamo out of a bike The bike coil now gets just under 2v. I haven't measured amps but would the wats from both coils be the same? I'm trying to work out if I should be winding new coils that maximise total wattage

Watts is volts x amp's-more volt's,less amp's or more amps,less volts. More heat created by a higher current though,so i would stick to a higher voltage,lower current. At the end of the day,the power avaliable is all up to the amount and strength of magnetic flux cutting the conductive windings-so wire size really dosnt change P/out total if the magnetic field strength isnt there to up the power output with the larger wire.

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Watts is volts x amp's-more volt's,less amp's or more amps,less volts. More heat created by a higher current though,so i would stick to a higher voltage,lower current. At the end of the day,the power avaliable is all up to the amount and strength of magnetic flux cutting the conductive windings-so wire size really dosnt change P/out total if the magnetic field strength isnt there to up the power output with the larger wire.
Thanks Brad. That's what I needed to know. With the current setup in theory I could get 45v . I think it would be less than 100ma though.

Here is my concept of using W. Gary magnetic effect in generator, hopefuly it is self explanationatory:

Group: Guest
Here is my concept of using W. Gary magnetic effect in generator, hopefuly it is self explanationatory:

I think the concept is correct but the dimensions of the iron bar in your diagram seems too long.  I think this would need to be shortened to avoid serious cogging action when the iron bar is exactly centered within the two opposing field magnets.  Either that or the magnets themselves should be much closer together.

The other option would be to have all the iron bars spaced apart in such a way that the net cogging force is neutralized.  Keep in mind all of these iron bars are fixed together with a common bracket.  The idea here is similar to the RomeroUK device with 8 stators and 9 rotors.  So for every iron bar that is centered, there are other ones pulling and pushing to balance out the net effect to zero.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-23, 10:17:17 by Matt Watts »

I'll post a vid a bit later but I can say that getting just one of my rotor irons about a mm away from the mag saw a 33% increase in voltage. Now at 20v

Hopefully you'll see this in the video but the voltage pickup is greatest when the coil is midwayy between 2 mags. So half way between a N&S

just cracked 100v with a diff coil positioning. still just one coil

Here's the earlier vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya3JmneZIVQ I have since recorded another getting up over 100v now with a single coil. Thanks Arunas for the links and images.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-18, 18:52:54