PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-18, 13:24:21
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 101
Author Topic: Dally, Shark & Ruslan workbench  (Read 222293 times)
Group: Guest
Well,  according to this post: https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=3926.msg91340#msg91340         there is a smaller resonance around 3.8MHz.

But i can recheck following that used procedure.

Itsu

One more question, do you know what is cross section of yoke core ? (approximately)

Thanks,
Vasik

Group: Elite Experimentalist

The present yoke diameter is 12 cm (wide part) by 7cm (small part).

Itsu

The present yoke diameter is 12 cm (wide part) by 7cm (small part).

Itsu

I mean the cross section of the actual core ?

Vasik

OK,  its about 5cm long and 0.8cm thick, which makes it roughly 4cm²

Itsu

OK,  its about 5cm long and 0.8cm thick, which makes it roughly 4cm²

Itsu

Thanks Itsu, I am going to use regular two E core trafo for my build.
I think I have one with proper size.

Vasik

Great,  the more builds to compare with the better.

Great,  the more builds to compare with the better.

Itsu,

What is your plan for Tesla coil power supply ?
I am thinking of reusing some of my old boards with UC3845 (probably remove optocoupler from feedback).

Vasik

Vasik,

looks great, did you use that one before,  can't remember.

I have a "DC-DC 9V-24V to 100V-250V High Voltage Boost Step-up" module (Ebay) which i had planned to use, but for now i will start with 24V and can go to 48V.

I also still have my build 24V to 130V DC module presented by Ruslan (Oleg) with IR2153 which i can use.

Itsu

looks great, did you use that one before,  can't remember.

I used it as a nanopulser power supply earlier, this time I will put it on PCB.

Vasik

Group: Professor

I am thinking of reusing some of my old boards with UC3845 (probably remove optocoupler from feedback).
What's wrong with the optocoupler feedback ?

What's wrong with the optocoupler feedback ?
Unnecessary components

Unnecessary components
This is the only component that provides feedback from the output to the controller.
Declaring this component as unnecessary is tantamount to declaring the feedback as unnecessary.

Why is the output regulation that this feedback provides, unnecessary ?

This is the only component that provides feedback from the output to the controller.
Declaring this component as unnecessary is tantamount to declaring the feedback as unnecessary.

Why is the output regulation that this feedback provides, unnecessary ?

not feedback, isolation  :(

not feedback, isolation  :(
So how do you propose to provide the feedback between the output and controller without the optocoupler ?
Do you plan to remove the TL431 and its associated components and galvanically connect OGND<-->GND and OPP<-->COMP ?

So how do you propose to provide the feedback between the output and controller without the optocoupler ?
Do you plan to remove the TL431 and its associated components and galvanically connect OGND<-->GND and OPP<-->COMP ?

Something like this.

You seems to be very interested in all details, are you planing to build the device ? ;)

Vasik

Verpies is generally interested in all details, its in his nature and i wish that i (and more people) had his eye for details, afterall, the devil is in the details.......

In the past i have taken much for granted, untill verpies showed me that practically a hole new universe is hiding behind every component.

Anyway,  working on the kacher, and i notice that not much difference in output signal can be seen whether using 12, 24 or 40V on the collector.
An NE-2 neon nor a fluorescent lamp is lightning up even on 40V, so need to check out why that is.
A connected probe on the antenna shows i have 140Vpp there.

Itsu 

You seems to be very interested in all details, are you planing to build the device ? ;)
Not today, but I will when I see something that I could not predict**.

I have a well equipped lab but I rarely make videos ...but I do make them if something is not well known and needs an empirical proof. I post my schematics much more often than videos.

Itsu correctly noticed that the interest in details* is in my nature and most practical components have many imperfections. I think that among the basic electronic components, the cored transformer is the most complicated one.

** Here is an example of something that I would not predict.
* I also like to use words precisely. I dislike loosely defined terms in any language.

Itsu,

A connected probe on the antenna shows i have 140Vpp there.

You are not supposed to connect probe directly to antenna, that detunes everything.
"Interesting" effects start after 3.73KV
You are close when you see DC on the capacitor in test setup

Vasik

Itsu,

Here some illustration about kacher connection.
This is important and critical part of schematic. In next version of PCB probably better put it on board...

Vasik

I know about the detuning and loading when attaching the probe, but in the past when i did that, it showed easily severall hundreds of volts or even KV's.

I will look into the circuit and add the components shown.

So 3.73KV is the magic threshold / window at which electrons start to gain / give up energy.

That must be reachable with the present setup.

Thanks,   Itsu

One more transcript, may be useful

Thanks,   it strikes me that in those video's, the wires (to Kacher primary coil f.i.) are NOT "as short as possible".

Almost as if these lengths are needed to generate some feedback/oscillations (Radio Moscow) which can be heard sometimes.

Also that those primaries come in all kind of dimensions and positions compared to its secondary.

Itsu

Thanks,   it strikes me that in those video's, the wires (to Kacher primary coil f.i.) are NOT "as short as possible".
Almost as if these lengths are needed to generate some feedback/oscillations (Radio Moscow) which can be heard sometimes.
Also that those primaries come in all kind of dimensions and positions compared to its secondary.
Itsu,

These are old videos, they contain some interesting things which are useful, also some things which are obsolete or even wrong. I often hesitate whether to post it or not... because sometimes it creates more confusion than clarity.

I still think that standard electronics design rules should be applied whenever it is possible, always.
May be it's my background interfering :)

Vasik

https://youtu.be/s1ves5ukyVI
These are old videos, they contain some interesting things which are useful,
I found the ferrite squeal interesting in these old videos.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 101
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-18, 13:24:21