PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 07:44:47
News: Registration with the OUR forum is by admin approval.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: The TPU: Was It Real ?  (Read 254136 times)
Group: Guest
Good points Ion.  I looked up the wording on that & I found the following:
==========================================================================================

I asked the inventor if this was the limit of the unit and he replied, “no way.” He provided a quick blow fuse rated at 50 amperes.

With two large electrical clamps and wiring, he shorted the fuse across the output terminals of the toroid and destroyed the fuse, (ObS).  There was only a slight
flickering of the ten incandescent bulbs as observed although there was a tremendous discharge of sparks from the output terminals of the toroid unit.

The inventor then gave me the fuse for examination. It was warm to the touch and smelled acrid, (ObS). It was a large 240 volt AC air conditioner disconnect fuse and designed for severe service duty, (OsS).

The inventor’s claim that the large toroid output terminals were at lethal potential was no longer in question.

« Last Edit: 2011-09-09, 16:27:01 by AllPhase »

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Here is the video where he demonstrates the "washboard" effect to three others from 4:55 to 6:35.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aDViLnziT8

I was wrong about the soft cloth, he must have had some felt feet under the device as it slides smoothly without a hint of screeching or scratching. I don't think he'd want to scratch the table leaves.

I can barely hear what they are saying in the video. Somebody chimes in "magnetic lines".

Can anyone with better ears make a transcript of that section?

---------------------------
"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Allphase:

All of that text is in the lab report at the beginning of the thread.

You posted a picture of the small chokes. This is not what DR. Schinzinger is referring to at the end of the lab report.

He tested two different sized units. Read the report from the beginning for the sizes.
=============================================================

On another note, are we left with having to succumb to a "cargo cult" mentality, making an exact physical replica of the LTPU?

No one has actually done this in the years I've been here. Some are close but no cigar.

We have a partial schematic thanks to Wattsup and myself.

In leiu of a working theory and demonstrable effect, we may be forced into that corner.

I shudder at the thought of that much more detective work.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

You are spot on regarding the slow rise to brightness. When fed from a voltage source, lamps light right up, but fed from a current source they come to life slowly because of the non-linear property of tungsten (temp vs. resistance).

Don't forget the change in resistance effecting the tuning point of the circuit - should it be a tuned circuit.

Yes, the shocking revelation should be that the TPU is a voltage source. That pretty much eliminates Faraday induction and conventional transformer theories.

SM was able to demonstrate blowing a 50 amp severe service air conditioning fuse when placed directly across the output. Apparently, it may have been a Class RK5 fuse which is a time delay type with a 500% rating for 10 seconds. So to blow it, there was either 250 Amp source current available for 10 seconds or a much higher peak current for a shorter time. I will try to find the curves for this class of fuse.

At a minimum the fuse was a Class R dual element time delay. This is odd as a 50A version rated for 600V is about 6 inches long. The I2t curves are not so revealing as the short circuit and fuse blowing would have been extremely fast when applied to a voltage source. This may mean that TPU was capable of delivering at least 25kAIC for less than the time for 6 cycles @ 60Hz.
The fuse didn't explode in his hand so I will assume it was rated for 600VAC (safely functional to around 900VDC) and the TPU wasn't capable of delivering over 250kAIC  :D

I'll have to check and see if those stacked lytics have the required stored Joules to blow such a fuse so I can get that one out of the way. If they were 400 or 450 volt lytics, can anyone guess what the uF rating was from the pictures?

I will humor you here because I can't imagine those caps in series or used to filter the output.

Since there isn't indication these were anything special (not even low ESR) I can say from the relative dimensions they weren't 400 + volt types for that time frame - unless he had access to types used by the military, aerospace and big computer companies. I would never connect 900V worth of caps to an 800V supply anyway.

For the moment lets say they were special and rated 400 + volts. That would put them a maximum of 100 mmfd @ 450WVDC. 400V rating was then a non-US rating so I would say 450.

As far as I can tell they were probably 470 mmfd @ 50WVDC or 1000 mmfd @ 25WVDC.

In any case, there wouldn't be enough stored energy in those caps to flash blow a dual element time delay fuse rated @ 50A. The report also classed the fuses as fast-blow? ? ? There is some contradiction and probably stems from the reporter. I'll take that back and say the good Dr knew what he was talking about so the fuse must have been one of the new Euro Gould/ITE-like fiberglass body types used in industrial equipment then. The 'quick-blows' were actually time delay types with a much shorter curve and not what we call 'fast-blow'.

Good work WW, always great to hear a person that "knows his stuff" in power engineering.

I also agree about the slow rise effect in lamps of Hi Q systems. A tank circuit acts more like a current source with voltage rising very high when unloaded.

This is not typical of the TPU, and why I discount the tuned tank circuit, stolen power theory.

As for the lytics it is hard for me to believe they were part of some resonant system. Pulse discharge, I will believe, but lytics, even low esr types don't fare well in resonant tank circuits.

Also unless the lytics were non-polar types he would need reverse protection diodes on them if they were series connected to form a high value AC cap. SM would have known better and used a large dry film cap or oil filled type.

Why I lean to them being brute force filter caps.....but I'm open to other ideas.

I wouldn't think they were part of a tank either. No tank caps are needed on a high Q acoustic system.

My opinion is they are brute force filter and energy storage caps but not for the output. Instead, as the supply for the device in the middle. One cap/detector/over-voltage protection set for each half of that circuit in the middle.

What most identify as resistors are clearly not, in my view. They were metal can rectifiers. You should remember them. They were about 3/16" diameter with one end filled with an epoxy bead. The color banding indicates possible milspec types or types common to hybrid TV sets of the era but they are probably only germanium or Schottky. If I was color-blind I would say they were of the 1N9x series, going by the markings.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
I reviewed the video's again and the video freeenergyStevenMark(5).mp4 shows the washboard effect and also SM holding a speaker magnet near the small later version coil and the toroids in the center of the large coil.  I cannot make out the audio during this time.

The washboard effect may be the device coupling and decoupling to different force lines or spin regions as it is moved.

The flaming arc is interest and SM states some about "normal arc" but I cannot tell if he says it is like a normal arc or unlike a normal arc.  I have seen the flaming arc with high freq hv of low current from a Tesla-type disruptive discharge coil.  In my opinion, it does not look like an arc when welding.  The large ring has an output of 850v, and this may attribute to the arc's appearance.  In the back of my mind, I remember that current is proportional to particle velocity.

Here is the video where he demonstrates the "washboard" effect to three others from 4:55 to 6:35.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aDViLnziT8

I can barely hear what they are saying in the video. Somebody chimes in "magnetic lines".

Can anyone with better ears make a transcript of that section?

Audio Transcript

[3:41  SM]  At this point I ask you to be extremely extremely careful, someone was very seriously injured.
You main want to remove your wrist watches, please, if you have any on.
It's for your own safety, because if you are to accidentaly make contact with the ring it will burn you very badly.

[Australian] It's safe but that aspect ...

[guy in suit]  I understand...

[SM] We're demonstrating extremely high amounts of voltage and current, there can be ...

[SM measures voltage, etc..]

[5:08 SM talking to first guy in a suit experiencing the washboard effect]  
hold it only on the black tape, slide it, don't push it down, just slide it back and forth very slowly, you feel ...

[The guy in suit is sliding the TPU on the two raised panels..]

[5:27 Australian ] Feel that well? (or Walt)?

[Guy in suit] I can feel it,  I'm just trying to determine the difference between friction here [he points to side of TPU] and ...  So what is it that I'm [feeling]?

[Australian] you're draging the magnetic lines of force as you're pushing across!

[guy in suit]  will I be able to feel the same when moving that small one [he points across the table to small TPU powering TV]

[voice repeats in the background]  no ...  no ... no

[SM] ... but they alter it's resonaces but its dificult to feel ...

[Australian] it depends on the [great??] coupling ...

[SM]  you may go ahead and use this as well [talking to second guy wanting to experience the washboard effect]
« Last Edit: 2011-09-11, 18:03:00 by EMdevices »

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Anyone ever used a degauss coil on a TV, sometimes at power up you can get a jolt/alignment, and you can feel a coupling 3-4 feet away from the shadow mask of the TV.

I am pretty sure the Valve filament movement is due to an intense alignment against the earths magnetic field, it sure would be nice to determine this, i wonder if a ratiometric sensor could tell, probably not fast enough.
Also i really want to use that ratiometric on my explosion setup as well at some point.

tExB=qr
Can anyone make out the audio in freeenergyStevenMark(5).mp4 when SM is talking with the old gentleman about the output of the small ring varying and then holds a magnet near it?  Then places the magnet near each toroid inside the large ring.

tExB=qr
It sounds like SM might be saying that the magnet near he device affects the voltage but not the current as the light stays the same.  Just can't make out the words to be sure.

Grumpy,

Remember that Jack Durban said that SM's use of a magnet was a RUSE to try to conceal & confuse how TPUs really work.

@ION
I have no problem with your calculations, they look correct. The problem I see is that "Q" gets squashed pretty rapidly when you try to extract power from a resonant receiver loop.

Yes it does, that's why even with impedance matching we can't load it down too much, that's just the way it works.  (see charts below for an arbitrary set of parameters I chose)

You have stated that it is possible to overcome this with impedance matching. I have not found this to be the case. Could you expand on this with a simple schematic?

With impedance matching we can improve the power we can extract for a given Q value.   I have tried various impedance transformations, primarily inductive  (one pickup loop next to the resonator),  and capacitive voltage division.  I've done lot's and lot's of calculations and simulations I don't have time to dig up.

If this is so, you have created a device which can feed itself without destroying "Q", so you have no need for a transmitter loop, a portion of the output can be fed back to the input to keep the resonant loop oscillating.

That's not the implication at all.  I don't want anybody to get confused here.      This is not free energy or perpetual motion at all.  It is just a high quality resonator that couples to the source of energy well (due to it's high Q) and power can than flow wirelessly in more abundance to my receiver.  The power is accounted for, no extra power shows up.

Comments on the Charts Below:

The loops I use for this example, have some inductance and series resitance, so for this case I chose L=1e-4 H, Rs=0.1 ohms, than I calculated C for resonance at 6 khz.   Than I applied a load resistance across the capacitor to show what happens to the Q and the detuning that occurs.   The detuning chart plots the difference between wL  and imag(Z),  where Z is the termination impedance of the loop, i.e.  the Capacitor and load Resistor in parallel.   Notice that optimum power transfer occurs with a load between 100 and 200 ohms, for this example only. The power calculation assumes a 1 volt untuned induced voltage, so I square the Q and divide by the load resitance.   By the way,  those Q values go up into the hundreds if I up the frequency to 100 kHz.   So like I was saying before, the higher the frequency the easier it is to implement wireless power transfer via magnetic field coupling, but if there is no high frequency to harvest, than tough luck.  But there is low frequency magnetic and electric polution from the power lines, which explains why so few people have been able to tap into it, because it's low frequency and it's very hard to do!   Steven Mark succeeded however, and I admire that achivement very much!

EM

« Last Edit: 2011-09-09, 18:49:19 by EMdevices »

EM

Thank you for taking the time to clarify your work, it is appreciated. I hope that you continue with this work and as I said before, supply the frequency spectra and power available from the power lines.

EM said:

But there is low frequency magnetic and electric polution from the power lines, which explains why so few people have been able to tap into it, because it's low frequency and it's very hard to do!   Steven Mark succeeded however, and I admire that achivement very much!

One question, what is the fundamental frequency, and voltage of the power lines over SM's house.

Second, when you made measurements there were you able to get a reading of frequency spectra and radiated power for each of these frequencies or broadband power radiation.

Third: What is the range of frequencies of the "low frequency magnetic and electric pollution". What is the power radiated in these bands?

To embark on tapping this energy, it would be important to know if it is a worthwhile endeavor. This data would be required as a first step.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-10, 00:33:35 by ION »

Grumpy,

Remember that Jack Durban said that SM's use of a magnet was a RUSE to try to conceal & confuse how TPUs really work.

Regardless of whether that is true or not, Jack Durban had a different agenda than what he appeared to have.

I take all that he said with a huge grain of salt.

I'm not an expert but please consider what I will try to say. I think it is easier to tap EM background radiation from far radio stations in Mhz range then even closest power lines. In fact I'm trying to build pure sinewave inverter for low power to test some ideas (mostly around TPU and VTA ) and seems that when I by mistake got primary or secondary wires close in length to 1/4 or 1/2 or any even part of length of some radiowave I got a nice noise.
Second - here for tapping radio waves seems core is a big help - I'm not expert and even electronic just an ordinary guy interested in free energy so for me it's a big question why, anyway , ferrite is black and TPU cut was black inside , right ???

Third : I'm using not ordinary , poor guy method to get pure sinewave inverter, don't know if it works anyway but have no other idea : I use audio generator with amplifier .
I spent a monstrous hours (sorry, I'm bad in electronics) trying to get audio generator circuit (custom made Wien bridge) to work ! The issue was from powering it from +15 - 0 and -15V (symmetrical power supply). I tried to make it work from single battery and with capacitors working as dividers but it is very hard even using big capacitors.
I ended using small transformer and two voltage stabilisers.
Anyway - maybe those two big capacitors were part of power supply for audio signal generator producing pure sinewave , for example 60 Hz ???

I'm not an expert but please consider what I will try to say. I think it is easier to tap EM background radiation from far radio stations in Mhz range then even closest power lines. In fact I'm trying to build pure sinewave inverter for low power to test some ideas (mostly around TPU and VTA ) and seems that when I by mistake got primary or secondary wires close in length to 1/4 or 1/2 or any even part of length of some radiowave I got a nice noise.
Second - here for tapping radio waves seems core is a big help - I'm not expert and even electronic just an ordinary guy interested in free energy so for me it's a big question why, anyway , ferrite is black and TPU cut was black inside , right ???

Third : I'm using not ordinary , poor guy method to get pure sinewave inverter, don't know if it works anyway but have no other idea : I use audio generator with amplifier .
I spent a monstrous hours (sorry, I'm bad in electronics) trying to get audio generator circuit (custom made Wien bridge) to work ! The issue was from powering it from +15 - 0 and -15V (symmetrical power supply). I tried to make it work from single battery and with capacitors working as dividers but it is very hard even using big capacitors.
I ended using small transformer and two voltage stabilisers.
Anyway - maybe those two big capacitors were part of power supply for audio signal generator producing pure sinewave , for example 60 Hz ???

Last question first, split supplies are usually done with a full wave bridge rectifier and center tapped power supply transformer. You can then use three terminal regulators, 78 and 79 series for regulation and DC purity. Otherwise use two equal batteries in series if you must use batteries.

If the material in the TPU were a black ferrite, it would have weighed a lot more than reported in the lab report.

Signal generator and audio amplifier are ok but will start to distort badly over 20 kHz unless amp is super high quality $$$$$$.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
If we stop or apprehend the 2 jumper cables we will contain more energy in the electromagnetic spectrum.
This creates a virtual stun gun also opposite of a speaker by holding the cone stable.
The torsion is held in a compressed state thereby disabling the degradation into lower forms of expansion(emp).
The washboard or thumping tells us the energy wants to dissipate.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-11, 23:27:00 by giantkiller »

EMDevices,  Thank you for the audio transcript.

EMDevices,  Thank you for the audio transcript.

I second that note of thanks. Do you have more transcripts, EM?

Nice to see you guys talking again about Steven Mark devices!  O0

In the research to find out the causes of several things which I couldn't understand in my experiments with the spinning spiral arc discharge, because of my limited knowledge, I found one more article, where they mention the famous "kick" word, associated with electric current. Relative new article, but I think it is interesting he refer to this "torque" momentum at this example as a kick. (source: http://books.google.com/books?id=yKXNvaGItAYC&pg=PA10 )

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

@All

As a side note and for what it"s worth, I had been communicating with @JD by e-mail off and on. Back in August of 2010, I sent him an e-mail just mentioning that I had some pretty good ideas on how SM may have done his videos and I had a few questions for him if he would not mind discussing this further.

He sent me an e-mail a few days later and I do not think he will mind me posting it here. It's only a few lines......

August 13th, 2010

Hi Leon,

Been very busy for the last few months.  I did locate the better tpu video and the quality is not significantly better.

The quest to find out how the videos were made is going to be a waste of time as they are real. I worked with the Extreme tech CEO, a very credible guy and he saw a demo on the hood of a car in store parking lot.

There is no doubt that the videos are real.

All the best,

Jack

UNQUOTE

wattsup

Nice to see you guys talking again about Steven Mark devices!  O0

In the research to find out the causes of several things which I couldn't understand in my experiments with the spinning spiral arc discharge, because of my limited knowledge, I found one more article, where they mention the famous "kick" word, associated with electric current. Relative new article, but I think it is interesting he refer to this "torque" momentum at this example as a kick. (source: http://books.google.com/books?id=yKXNvaGItAYC&pg=PA10 )

Heinsten De Haas effect - i.e. spin current, can explain also wire vibration

see the analogy with Otto 50 TURNS-ON-TWO-FINGER EXPERIMENT

http://inamori-frontier.kyushu-u.ac.jp/electronics/common/img/spin_current_en.jpg

WattsUp,

Thank you very much for sharing what Jack said.

Every bit of information helps sir.

Wattup:

Jack said: I did locate the better tpu video and the quality is not significantly better.

Nevertheless, it would be very nice to have a complete unedited video. Is there a possibility this can be had?

Thanks

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 07:44:47