PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-03-29, 05:23:52
News: A feature is available which provides a place all members can chat, either publicly or privately.
There is also a "Shout" feature on each page. Only available to members.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: The TPU: Was It Real ?  (Read 252532 times)

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Buy me some coffee

Is SM dead? Has he gone mad? Why has this invention not been completed, with disclosure to the general public?

Indeed.
Where has it gone ?
Was it sold?
Did SM just walk away with a pocket full of cash,and burry the TPU ?

Something is just not right--this kind of machine just dose not disappear  C.C

Brad

---------------------------
Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Group: Tinkerer

tExB=qr
Ok,so sloshing charge/electrons back and forth is not the answer.
So what is the path forward?,so as this dose not die a horrible death.
Which is the best thread to continue on with this research and development toward a working TPU,as there is so many of them.

I suggest starting a new one.

tExB=qr
I agree, and I saw that the patent at rexresearch does not correspond to the TPU. But they quote facts and comments, so just take them with caution.
When I look at an invention, I normally use what the inventor has published. The problem with the TPU is that we are obliged to use what others write about it because we have nothing from Steven Mark except comments.

My main doubt about the TPU does not come from a technical question but from what surrounds it. When you have such an invention, in my opinion you don't let it go. Either you have the skills and you try to understand, if not the principle, at least the conditions under which the effects occur, and if you do not have the skills, you surround yourselves with people who have them, such as Dr. Schinzinger.
Is SM dead? Has he gone mad? Why has this invention not been completed, with disclosure to the general public?

Steven Mark claimed that the device was taken from him and he was told he could not tell anyone how it works.  He said he was visited by the FBI and a man from the Atomic Energy Commission (as I recall, but I might have that wrong).  He later made a comment that the US Navy has had a similar device since the 1950's, this was by email and not post on the site.

Once he started talking to Mannix in Australia, the told Steven to stop and that they would take away his income if he did not.  Perhaps he was collecting social security and cold not afford to lose that income.

Once "spherics" shared his information about the TPU and how it works, several people pursued that line of research.  Everyone says they failed, but none of them followed the rules that spherics gave us.

Group: Experimentalist

Steven Mark claimed that the device was taken from him and he was told he could not tell anyone how it works.  He said he was visited by the FBI and a man from the Atomic Energy Commission...

Well, we get it, thank you.
After the miracle machine, the conspiracy theory, a classic as an escape, a last lie to disappear from the confusion and buzz that your lies have built, without having to account for it.

"Open your mind, but not like a trash bin"

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
I agree, and I saw that the patent at rexresearch does not correspond to the TPU. But they quote facts and comments, so just take them with caution.
When I look at an invention, I normally use what the inventor has published. The problem with the TPU is that we are obliged to use what others write about it because we have nothing from Steven Mark except comments.

My main doubt about the TPU does not come from a technical question but from what surrounds it. When you have such an invention, in my opinion you don't let it go. Either you have the skills and you try to understand, if not the principle, at least the conditions under which the effects occur, and if you do not have the skills, you surround yourselves with people who have them, such as Dr. Schinzinger.

I spent over a decade, close to 13 years studying  diligently every crumb of information I could find on the TPU.

In order of reliability or merit, this info falls into several categories.

1) The videos are the prime source. These must be relied on for basic information with a few pieces of technical info in the audio portion. Note that on one video when SM begins to describe the operating principle, the audio has been blanked out.

2) The lab tests of Dr. Schinzinger read true, as do the emails between SM and RS. Also Dave Doleshal emails to Stephan Hartman

3) The exchanges between SM and Lindsay Mannix may have more info if it was not disinfo from someone posing as SM.
These email exchanges are numerous and contain some info, but I do not use it as a basis.

4) Jack Durban has some strong animosity towards SM going way back, which colors his info in his writings and audio interviews, This may have been resolved. He is technically savvy, having operated his own business as a consultant and design engineer at Vorelco.com. You can see the stuff he worked on here. http://www.vorelco.com/portfolio. Jack believes the device was real and describes the odd stiction effect when moved through the air.

My opinion about whether it was real or not: I have approached all the info from the position of both believer and skeptic, examining carefully each stance.

In the end and lacking any new info I must say that I remain highly intrigued while at the same time having some skepticism.

It is soooo very important to know the timeline of events. This is a small portion of the entire timeline:

After the first smackdown in 1997, SM no longer promoted or talked about the TPU. Nine years later, in 2006 a video surfaced on the internet due to a post of it by Jeremy Gaul.   Lindsay Mannix in Australia also somehow at that time acquired a VHS tape of the device demonstration. Lindsay made a series of  long posts  on OU (Master of Magnetics thread) after he was able to find SM in California These were his his series of email queries, proceeding cautiously. SM was smacked down again, in 2006 for conversing with LM by email, having apparently violated the terms of his prior agreement with (?).

Someday I will put together and post the entire timeline, which is revealing.

p.s. LM is a member here under another name which I am not at liberty to disclose. When he chooses to come forward with additional info or reveal himself, I'm sure he will.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-01, 15:56:06 by ion »

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Buy me some coffee
Steven Mark claimed that the device was taken from him and he was told he could not tell anyone how it works.  He said he was visited by the FBI and a man from the Atomic Energy Commission (as I recall, but I might have that wrong).  He later made a comment that the US Navy has had a similar device since the 1950's, this was by email and not post on the site.

Once he started talking to Mannix in Australia, the told Steven to stop and that they would take away his income if he did not.  Perhaps he was collecting social security and cold not afford to lose that income.

Once "spherics" shared his information about the TPU and how it works, several people pursued that line of research.  Everyone says they failed, but none of them followed the rules that spherics gave us.

Ok,can we find out where this Mannix guy live's?,as i live on one side of Australia,and Jim lives on the other side--so we got this country covered.

Im happy to do a couple days drive to chat to this Mannix fellow,that is if he can provide us with any useful information.

Also,where do i find this information spherics shared?
If he provided the information required to build the TPU--why have none here done so?.

Brad.

Group: Mad Scientist

Also,where do i find this information spherics shared?

If he provided the information required to build the TPU--why have none here done so?.

Spherics' board has all the links:    http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?board=93.0

The main reason people have not had success IMHO is because very few have reached the high voltages and switching speeds required.
Anyone that's tried knows it is a VERY delicate balancing act to switch hundreds of volts with nanosecond timing through highly inductive loads and NOT release the magic smoke.
Few are able to design boards that can handle this, and the only ready-made hardware is the kind of lab-grade equipment that you'd need a second mortgage to procure.

When you say something is impossible, you have made it impossible

Spherics' board has all the links:    http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?board=93.0

The main reason people have not had success IMHO is because very few have reached the high voltages and switching speeds required.
Anyone that's tried knows it is a VERY delicate balancing act to switch hundreds of volts with nanosecond timing through highly inductive loads and NOT release the magic smoke.
Few are able to design boards that can handle this, and the only ready-made hardware is the kind of lab-grade equipment that you'd need a second mortgage to procure.

Contrar:

To quote SM from the first video: "very very cheaply put together, there is no mass circuitry involved with any of this stuff, it's just the knowledge of the coils and how they interact with each other"

I always come back to this quote when I veer off too far.

p.s my (important) post 354 may have been missed as others were typing past that.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-01, 16:19:26 by ion »

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

tExB=qr
Yes, high voltage pulses are not a strong point for most experimenters.

I have shorted long strings of avalanche transistors, shorted power supplies, and set power supplies on fire (that was pretty cool).

The dual series spark gap is very troublesome.

The only person that publicly completed the AVEC was Roberto Notte (spelling?), and he was limited to 1kv, as I recall. 

Several others built units but a far as I know they never turned them on, or at least not with the voltage required.  I do know of working private units, but I do not know how well they work.  By working, I mean that the experimenter told me they got an output.  I don't ask questions regarding these things.  Sure I would love to know, but release of information is the role of the experimenter.  I would rather they keep working than have problems.

As far as I know, I am the only one the tried avalanche transistors and everyone else used MOSFETs.  Several people have asked me about using avalanche transistors but I don't know of they ever used them.

Triggering the avalanche stacks has proven to be a real pain and I have not gotten it to work reliably.

I spent over a decade, close to 13 years studying  diligently every crumb of information I could find on the TPU.

In order of reliability or merit, this info falls into several categories.

1) The videos are the prime source. These must be relied on for basic information with a few pieces of technical info in the audio portion. Note that on one video when SM begins to describe the operating principle, the audio has been blanked out.

2) The lab tests of Dr. Schinzinger read true, as do the emails between SM and RS. Also Dave Doleshal emails to Stephan Hartman

3) The exchanges between SM and Lindsay Mannix may have more info if it was not disinfo from someone posing as SM.
These email exchanges are numerous and contain some info, but I do not use it as a basis.

4) Jack Durban has some strong animosity towards SM going way back, which colors his info in his writings and audio interviews, This may have been resolved. He is technically savvy, having operated his own business as a consultant and design engineer at Vorelco.com. You can see the stuff he worked on here. http://www.vorelco.com/portfolio. Jack believes the device was real and describes the odd stiction effect when moved through the air.

My opinion about whether it was real or not: I have approached all the info from the position of both believer and skeptic, examining carefully each stance.

In the end and lacking any new info I must say that I remain highly intrigued while at the same time having some skepticism.

It is soooo very important to know the timeline of events. This is a small portion of the entire timeline:

After the first smackdown in 1997, SM no longer promoted or talked about the TPU. Nine years later, in 2006 a video surfaced on the internet due to a post of it by Jeremy Gaul.   Lindsay Mannix in Australia also somehow at that time acquired a VHS tape of the device demonstration. Lindsay made a series of  long posts  on OU (Master of Magnetics thread) after he was able to find SM in California These were his his series of email queries, proceeding cautiously. SM was smacked down again, in 2006 for conversing with LM by email, having apparently violated the terms of his prior agreement with (?).

Someday I will put together and post the entire timeline, which is revealing.

p.s. LM is a member here under another name which I am not at liberty to disclose. When he chooses to come forward with additional info or reveal himself, I'm sure he will.
Dear Ion,

I understand that after being involved in a project like this for a long time, seeing that its purpose is discredited by others should not be pleasant. I knew you wouldn't like my previous post, but I have to say what I think and why.

I'm not questioning the four points you're making. If they are perfectly admissible in support of this machine. However, they are not proof of a real overunity.

For the conspiracy theory, I can't follow you or anyone else. Men in black stories are not reasonable. Not only is it impossible to prevent a leak, but it is easier from the beginning to convince by publishing a plan to have your machine duplicated by all the DIY enthusiasts on the planet, than to produce obscure videos. This is how Naudin was able to popularize the lifter.

When you make videos, it's because you want your discovery to be known. But if we want our discovery to be not only known but credible, it must be duplicated by independent people. I can't believe Steven Mark would ignore it. He chose the way to make his setup known without wanting to make it credible, and therefore it is not credible.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-01, 19:50:32 by F6FLT »

Buy me a beer
Well, I have just flipped through the AVEC doc. IMO what a load of complicated construction, I really do not think this is complicated like ion has said.

Let's just ask ourselves a question:- The output from any power device has to have a logical termination sourcewith a higher voltage than the input and a usable current, such as a transformer or switching mode circuit like a boost converter.

The former we know the TPU does not have, and the latter has a max efficiency of around 95%, not bad but not OU.

Now let's take the switch mode supply for a minute, if we can increase the current somehow on top of the increased voltage (boost not buck), then we would have OU. This is where I have been working for a few years now, and then in the last year started linking it to the SM TPU.

So I ask another question, how can one get high voltage and high current easily from a circuit which has only a small battery at the input? You charge a capacitor over time and discharge rapidly, your cap is the output. But this is not OU, but what if you could somehow create a vast ongoing charge in that cap, so fast that the output you are drawing keeps a relatively high voltage but with current as demanded by the load connected to it.

The answer is you find an unconventional way to put that charge between those plates from somewhere other than just the input. That way is to draw it in from the air "loose term" around you like the air sucked into the vortex of water going down your bath pug hole, but in your unusual capacitor, it is charge drawn in.

All it needs is a capacitor which has a charge spinning around inside which attracts a further charge, it's not coils, it's capacitor plates, and that is what I have found in the last couple of weeks, take it or leave it, does not worry me :P

So SM was right, I is very simple and not rocket science.

Regards

Mike 8)

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."
Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

As a general rule, the most successful person in life is the person that has the best information.

tExB=qr
The Greatest Trick the Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing the World He Didn’t Exist

Dear Ion,

I understand that after being involved in a project like this for a long time, seeing that its purpose is discredited by others should not be pleasant. I knew you wouldn't like my previous post, but I have to say what I think and why.

I'm not questioning the four points you're making. If they are perfectly admissible in support of this machine. However, they are not proof of a real overunity.

For the conspiracy theory, I can't follow you or anyone else. Men in black stories are not reasonable. Not only is it impossible to prevent a leak, but it is easier from the beginning to convince by publishing a plan to have your machine duplicated by all the DIY enthusiasts on the planet, than to produce obscure videos. This is how Naudin was able to popularize the lifter.

When you make videos, it's because you want your discovery to be known. But if we want our discovery to be not only known but credible, it must be duplicated by independent people. I can't believe Steven Mark would ignore it. He chose the way to make his montage known without wanting to make it credible, and therefore it is not credible.

Dear F6FLT

I will answer your points (which are well taken) and try to refute or explain in sequence, to the best of my ability and knowledge.

1) I have no problem and am not displeased with, rather am very interested your thoughts on the TPU, your experiments and in all your work that you have generously shared with all of us at OUR. You will find that we are in strong agreement on most things. I am glad that you can be comfortable to express your thoughts, and encourage it.

2) I agree that the videos are not real proof of overunity that an engineer would require. I agree that there is a possibility for fakery, even in the videos. This is also true of any supporting data, it could all be contrived.

3) I also do not give credence to conspiracy theories, men in black etc. I also regard them as a last ditch attempt to divert from a non-working device. I am only reporting the documents as they were given. We must however be careful here, and be sure not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Certainly there are military secrets that people have died for, and that are kept secret to this day under severe penalty of imprisonment or death.

4) Regarding the videos, SM himself admits they were only very crude attempts to document events as they transpired. They were never meant to give away the operational mechanism nor to be promotional. SM wanted a lot of money to reveal the true operating mechanism, so he was holding out for some big fish investors. SM was not a scientist willing to share the mechanism with the world, rather he liked money and his lavish lifestyle.

As far as I know, only interested parties that SM could trust were allowed to witness the video demonstrations. SM closely guarded the operation of his devices. In one instance, however, when a device was not putting out full power, only about 2/3 power, he became disappointed and took a saber saw to the device cutting it up into many pieces, giving each person a portion of the cut up device.  This he did after letting the witnesses fully disassemble and test with meters to look for hidden power sources. Dr. Schinzinger was present during this and can be positively recognized in the video. That they all could have been in on the scam is a possibility. Not probable though if you closely watch the entire video and listen to the dialogue.

So as usual everyone  is perfectly entitled to continue research into these devices or walk away.

The worst that would happen for anyone to  continue TPU research with the goal of discovery of new principles in mind, is they will have wasted time and maybe learned some physics, so for me it is just a goalpost that seems to have a use.

My own belief is that there may possibly be a combination of electrostatics and electromagnetics going on in the device that may not have been priorly explored . Other possibility is some acoustic/electric principle that may have been overlooked. Possibly combinations of both. The area for experimentation is wide.

This I do know: There are many new experimenters just now learning what is inside the box of electronic engineering and believing they have something new. As they get further up the path they will see that these areas have been well explored, and their device is not at all novel. It's a good idea to fully explore the inside of the box and know the terrain well before exclaiming Eureka! Then one has a better idea of what may exist over the edge of the box.

Best of luck to all in their research.

Buy me some coffee
author=ion link=topic=403.msg71961#msg71961 date=1549051659]

This I do know: There are many new experimenters just now learning what is inside the box of electronic engineering and believing they have something new. As they get further up the path they will see that these areas have been well explored, and their device is not at all novel. It's a good idea to fully explore the inside of the box and know the terrain well before exclaiming Eureka! Then one has a better idea of what may exist over the edge of the box.

Indeed.
This was/still is me.
But i keep trying.

ther possibility is some acoustic/electric principle that may have been overlooked.

This is the area we should be looking into.
I have something to show all soon.
It is nothing new,but it shows an extremely small vibration making a large disturbance ,and some form of disassociation/phase change.

Best of luck to all in their research.

I hope you have not given up on the TPU ION ?.

Brad

author=ion link=topic=403.msg71961#msg71961 date=1549051659]

Indeed.
This was/still is me.
But i keep trying. 

This is the area we should be looking into.
I have something to show all soon.
It is nothing new,but it shows an extremely small vibration making a large disturbance ,and some form of disassociation/phase change.

I hope you have not given up on the TPU ION ?.
Brad

Dear Brad

We are all still learning what is inside the box. Hopefully we will find the edges, then it's new rocks to look under.

I'm always very interested in your experiments and findings especially now when it comes to acoustics and vibration. Keep up the good search.

And I have not given up on the TPU, it is like a north star that keeps me thinking.

Regards from the old fool

Buy me some coffee
Dear Brad

We are all still learning what is inside the box. Hopefully we will find the edges, then it's new rocks to look under.

I'm always very interested in your experiments and findings especially now when it comes to acoustics and vibration. Keep up the good search.

And I have not given up on the TPU, it is like a north star that keeps me thinking.

Regards from the old fool

ION

I am in the process of uploading a couple of video's--> !!! you need to see this!!!--second video is most interesting.

At first i thought i was seeing the mains being rectified some how,as the frequency is close to 100Hz. So i hooked up my inverter,and ran the fogger unit off the inverter,and the outcome was the same,even though the transducer unit was completely isolated.

It may be a case of the two frequencies(mains-50Hz,and transducer's 149.6KHz) mixed together ?.
I will add that the transducer is plastic and ceramic,and dose not conduct any voltage or current from the transducer's circuit into the water.

I recall reading that the voltage output from the TPU was mostly DC,with a slight AC component-->is that correct?
If so,we !may! have been looking at the TPUs operation all wrong.

I will post the video's as soon as they have uploaded.
Will take some time,as i am uploading in HD,and our internet speed here is most slow  C.C

Brad

Buy me some coffee
Ok,here is the first video.
I know it is nothing new,but it is interesting how such a small vibration can cause a large displacement.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBaf2p3gRys

Brad

Hi Ion,

You explain that SM wanted a lot of money and therefore had no interest in disclosing everything. We see after all these years that he will have had nothing, which goes against the frame of mind you attribute to him.
My point of view: he cannot recover money because his invention is simply not one, either he made a mistake himself (unlikely) or more likely he misled others. So he can't say any more because that would be his trick, and apparently he didn't say enough for investors to finance it, fortunately for them.

Then you see the testimonies from scientists as strong arguments in favour of the reality of the effects. But fooling scientists is not as difficult as you think. In the 1970s, we saw a guy, Uri Geller, who was capable of prowess in telepathy and telekinesis (fork folding). See how he skillfully misled scientists:

"Geller's performances of drawing duplication and cutlery bending usually take place under informal conditions such as television interviews. During his early career, he allowed some scientists to investigate his claims. A study was commissioned by the United States Defense Intelligence Agency as part of the Stargate Project and conducted during August 1973 at Stanford Research Institute (now known as SRI International) by parapsychologists Harold E. Puthoff and Russell Targ. Geller was isolated and asked to reproduce simple drawings prepared in another room. The experimenters concluded that Geller had "demonstrated his paranormal perceptual ability in a convincing and unambiguous manner".

If Uri Geller can fool scientists at the Stanford Research Institute, don't you think that SM can do it even more easily in an uncontrolled environment?

That is why we must be uncompromising with the requirement of proof, its solidity and indubitability having to match its extraordinary character.

You said "My own belief is that there may possibly be a combination of electrostatics and electromagnetics going on in the device that may not have been priorly explored". I think so too, so let's put SM aside (and his twin brother Kapanadze) and move on!  :)

Buy me some coffee
Hi Ion,

You explain that SM wanted a lot of money and therefore had no interest in disclosing everything. We see after all these years that he will have had nothing, which goes against the frame of mind you attribute to him.
My point of view: he cannot recover money because his invention is simply not one, either he made a mistake himself (unlikely) or more likely he misled others. So he can't say any more because that would be his trick, and apparently he didn't say enough for investors to finance it, fortunately for them.

Then you see the testimonies from scientists as strong arguments in favour of the reality of the effects. But fooling scientists is not as difficult as you think. In the 1970s, we saw a guy, Uri Geller, who was capable of prowess in telepathy and telekinesis (fork folding). See how he skillfully misled scientists:

"Geller's performances of drawing duplication and cutlery bending usually take place under informal conditions such as television interviews. During his early career, he allowed some scientists to investigate his claims. A study was commissioned by the United States Defense Intelligence Agency as part of the Stargate Project and conducted during August 1973 at Stanford Research Institute (now known as SRI International) by parapsychologists Harold E. Puthoff and Russell Targ. Geller was isolated and asked to reproduce simple drawings prepared in another room. The experimenters concluded that Geller had "demonstrated his paranormal perceptual ability in a convincing and unambiguous manner".

If Uri Geller can fool scientists at the Stanford Research Institute, don't you think that SM can do it even more easily in an uncontrolled environment?

That is why we must be uncompromising with the requirement of proof, its solidity and indubitability having to match its extraordinary character.

You said "My own belief is that there may possibly be a combination of electrostatics and electromagnetics going on in the device that may not have been priorly explored". I think so too, so let's put SM aside (and his twin brother Kapanadze) and move on!  :)

It will be hard to gain the proof you seek if we do as you say,and forget SM and move on.

Research and development on the TPU should not be winding down,it should be ramping up.

Brad

Ok,here is the first video.
I know it is nothing new,but it is interesting how such a small vibration can cause a large displacement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBaf2p3gRys

Brad

Dear Brad

I enjoyed your new video. I have a few of those ultrasonic misters, surplus new old stock from humidifiers.

I tried many methods of vibrating wire hoops  in free air loosely suspended using repulsion forces, but it required too much power to get even a small level of vibration.

I talked about some of this in a rough paper here: http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=1092.0

Now my experiments will turn to using electrostatic charge on the wire hoops and modulating it, as you know the coulomb force is very strong and effective.

Spheric mentioned that SM got some of his ideas from electrostatic speakers and delay lines used in such speakers as Quad produced.

SM was (to a dunce like me), a very smart person regardless of what his detractors say about him. Perhaps not classically trained in Physics, but had a good sense of how to use electronic circuitry, was a master builder of vacuum tube amplifiers, and even built a hybrid electric vehicle back in the 70's.

The clues have all been given, it's just a matter of the proper perspective for their interpretation.

I am working steadily in the background but don't bother to post all my failed experiments.

Good work

p.s. for some reason when accessing that thread with chrome, I get a lot of gibberish, with firefox it is ok

tExB=qr
The whole idea of the TPU is thoroughly poisoned at  this point. 

The only thing that will change that is a positive result that can be directly connected to the TPU.

This is difficult because the only testable working principles are the explanations from Spherics, who has not been heard from since he released the information. 

Though he explained several necessary details, he never explained how the field rotation was created in the TPU.  SM claimed that the early versions rotated CCW in the northern hemisphere and CW in the southern hemisphere, and turned off when flipped over.  This sounds like the Coriolis Force.  This would imply that rotation was not forced, but an interaction with the earth.  Even if this is the case, I do not see how to reproduce it.

Then there is the fact that there are several versions of the TPU's and scant details.

With so little tangible info on TPU construction, we are left with the AVEC info from Spherics, and our own guess-work.

It will be hard to gain the proof you seek if we do as you say,and forget SM and move on.

Research and development on the TPU should not be winding down,it should be ramping up.

Brad

Let's talk a little bit about method. The context is the question of refutability (or falsifiability) in Popper's sense.

1) If I say "elves exist because you can see their footprints in this path where they pass every day": it's refutable, just observe the path for a day.
2) If I say "elves exist, they come out of the ground at night but only when they know they are not being observed": no one can prove that this is false, this is irrefutable.

A thing presented is scientific if it gives the means to refute it (case 1 only). If it is not refutable, it is not scientific (case 2, TPU videos). We can discuss it, but it's like discussing the sex of angels, so we waste years in useless discussions like with SM or Kapanadze (except for personal training, but there are more effective methods for that).

So:
I've not to "gain the proof", I have only to verify the proof that is presented (Are these footprints really caused by Elves?).

Otherwise, the simplest way is to use this Euclid's principle:
"What is claimed without proof can be denied without proof."
In other words in our field: "there is no overunity by SM or anyone else until proven otherwise.".

But I do not prevent anyone from doing poetry or science fiction by talking about the sex of angels, which for the TPU can be references to the Earth's magnetic field, the Coriolis force, the deflection TV circuits of CRT from the 60s, the threats against the inventor, the military forces for the suppression of inventions, the shared frequencies with UFOs...

Group: Mad Scientist

Most simply use SM and Spherics posts and videos as guidance for their own work, not as definitive proof.
Besides, with modern technology pretty much anything can be made into a hoax.

To speak in analogy, people interested in the possibility of heavier-than-air flight would have been diligently studying the grainy film and newspaper clippings from the first Wright-bros flight, working out the geometries and design requirements of such an aircraft.  Scientists of the day calling it another hoax would have focused their efforts elsewhere.

When you say something is impossible, you have made it impossible

The autisitic Daniel Pomerleau is able to manifest electrical
energy by thinking it into existence.  He doesn't know how
it is possible yet it does manifest and it has been verified
by many in his infrequent demonstrations.  Daniel uses simple
coils of wire to aid his manifestations.

There are certain practitioners in Asia who are also able
to manifest Electric Shocks and Sparks by thinking them
into existence.  They too cannot explain how or why but
the effects have been witnessed by many and in a few
instances captured on video.

Apparently extra-dimensional sources are responsible for
those manifestations.  Could the same be said of the TPU?
Manifestations which seem to defy Science as we know it?

Then too there are the little known Secret Space Programs
which rely upon similar manifestations to power their strange
spacecraft which enable speedy and silent transport to regions
of off-Earth space.  Area 51 and other areas which exist to
study and duplicate very advanced mysterious craft with the
assistance of extra-terrestrial beings.

It is all Star Wars kind of strange stuff.

And, it is real.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-02, 19:02:22 by muDped »

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

A miracle!  C.C 

If we start taking urban legends for granted, we will not get very far. Let's be serious. Autism does not prevent Pommerleau from being another Uri Geller, who made his money by charging for his demonstrations, demonstrations in which it is impossible to verify anything seriously.

As for Spherics, his work is to be known as what not to do, since he failed to build a working TPU.
The interesting thing about science compared to other knowledge sectors is that what is claimed must be strictly verified by experiments before it can be part of it.

There are always people who talk about the works of others, claiming to reveal their secrets to us, when they themselves have been unable to reproduce the effects they are talking about. We also have Wesley, about Kapanadze.

As one humorist said about some journalists claiming to speak on behalf of obscure authorities: "When you know so little, you have the right to remain silent". If the same sentence were applied in our field, we would hear much less noise.

This does not mean that we should not make assumptions or talk about them, certainly we should. This means that as long as the wrong assumptions have not been dismissed and the right ones transformed into real operating principles proven by verifiable facts, as long as the conclusion is not drawn, this is still blah blah blah that cannot be trusted.
I think I can even say that the more a person claims to reveal secrets about a device that neither he nor anyone else has ever been able to duplicate, the less you can trust him.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-03-29, 05:23:52