PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-19, 04:31:54
News: Forum TIP:
The SHOUT BOX deletes messages after 3 hours. It is NOT meant to have lengthy conversations in. Use the Chat feature instead.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: The TPU: Was It Real ?  (Read 254076 times)

The time-line doesn't fit but I just located this....

Oh good, I'm glad were talking about this again.  I remember reading this particular patent a few years ago, if I'm not mistaken.   Thanks for the story from your friend.  SM did say that he learned a lot from RCA.  

EM

PS  Here's a link to read more about ferroresonant transformers:   

http://www.generaltransformer.com/transformer/ferroresonant-transformers.htm

Group: Tinkerer

The vacuum tube color tv set was a monstrosity - to compensate
for the aging of the tubes there were a multitude of adjustments
for the cathode ray tube display.

The Horizontal Output circuit provided the horizontal sweep,
B+ Boost and CRT High Voltage as a result of flyback.  The
high voltage was regulated to prevent X-ray generation from
the picture.

The horizontal output transformer was a rectangular ferrite "toroid"
with the various windings to provide various outputs and it did
resonate at nearly (slightly less than) the synchronized horizontal
sweep frequency.

Servicing to perform Cathode Ray Tube drive adjustments
and color convergence was a couple of hours proposition
if things went well.  Once all the interactions were "memorized"
through experience then it could be done in an hour or so.

With a mirror.

Thank God for transistors!

---------------------------
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Group: Guest
Some pretty weird stuff in our history....

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
Thorn 3500 convergence panel and also look at that big chroma delay line on the bottom left LOL not been able to find the circuit yet.

And at the back bottom right are those coils with the magnets on top that WW mentioned by the looks of it

Anyone remember the Radioshack color TV kit?
A rich neighbor wanted it but didn't know plus from minus. He paid me a hundred bucks to build it for him.

It took 3 days to build it and 5 days to make adjustments. What a beast!

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
The use of the horizontal output transformer to supply all regulated voltage in the TV was introduced approximately when solid state became the norm, although there were some hybrid tube sets that may have employed this.

The bulky 60 Hz power transformer was dropped in favor of the lighter weight high frequency operation of the ferrite flyback transformer.

The patent shows a unique twist, using the variable strength of a special permanent magnet bias to temperature compensate the output voltage of the ferroresonant (as opposed to flyback) approach. That is probably the main claim of the patent.

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

Group: Administrator

Buy me some coffee
The 3500 was one of the first TVs to use a switched power supply in the UK, this allowed any power consuming circuits to be driven from the switched transformer. Most of the rails that come from the flyback are relatively low power or higher voltage, these are frame timebase and RGB tube driver supplies (200V)

Early TVs before my time to generate the EHT they would cascade conventional power transformers to produce the EHT for the tube anode, the guy i served apprentice to once told me, these were lethal to work on and had heard of several engineers killed mainly due to lack of earthing and insulation breakdown.

Most early flybacks would drive triplers to attain the EHT for the tube, later split diode flybacks would replace triplers and have the built in A1 variable tube supply along with the focus control.

An interesting power supply design was the Ferguson TX6/7 this used a large chunky choke, the choke was variable width pulsed and the resulting energy stored was released regulated, i have posted the circuit for this somewhere on OUR because this choke was used in the kap device.

There were a few sets that combined power supply and flyback but cannot specifically remember models, one Grundig chassis comes to mind.

Anyone remember the Radioshack color TV kit?
A rich neighbor wanted it but didn't know plus from minus. He paid me a hundred bucks to build it for him.

It took 3 days to build it and 5 days to make adjustments. What a beast!

Aye, the Heathkit Color Television kit was very
popular.  Many ships in the U.S. Navy acquired
them and the onboard Electronics Technicians
built and maintained them as the main shipboard
tv set located in the crew's mess.

Those were indeed the days!

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

yep, those were some fun times back then.  in 1975 my dad was just retiring from a life long endeavor of radio and tv.  i on the other hand was graduating highschool.  he was a repairman who started learning radio back in the early 1940's.   i remember him telling me that a neighbor of theres built him a regenerative 1 tube shortwave set when he was about 8 or so years old; and that's what sparked his career in and love of radio.   my father passed away in 1996, i can only imagine the exspression he would have on his face if he could see these 60" led flat panels today.   i myself recently retired from a automobile manufacturing company;   i do have a sincere interest in the study of alternative energy, especially those types dealing with converting or generating electrical energy.   about the TPU; any new ideas?   :)   Don     

Group: Elite Experimentalist

Frequency equals matter...

Buy me a drink
SM  mentioned comp wave. Am I the only one pursuing this? It exists. It is producible. Everything else is covered ad nauseum. But nobody touches this. Why? I have reproduced it and I have produced it. There are a few others but they have gone quiet. If mine is not the only answer then I wonder why. Scared or in awe? Grumpy pushes it all the time but everybody shys away like it is a quack theory. Too bad too. I am looking at it as we speak. My new builds have continuously forged ahead into the control of it. It is like a laser beam and emp mixed.

Why did SM mention stranded speaker wire and short lengths(jumper cables)? Like Grumpy has posted "Stop the current just short of conduction". I wonder what that does? What if we don't let the wires jump and there is a reader wire or cage next to it? What gets transferred? What happens in the middle of a ring that snaps the center like a stungun? When the pressure is released wouldn't we get a vortex? Same as above as below. Wind and water do it and they follow the rules of a greater command. The stars and galaxies do it. I wonder if universes too? Can we spiral a mass of electrons when we release the pressure? My how grand this level of thought is, no?

Get a length of bifilar stranded speaker wire. Just enough to wrap a paper towel tube end to end. Tie one set of ends together to +12v. Pulse the other ends with fets. The timing is 5 - 50 ns long and up to 100ms apart max. And look at the return on the scope. It is greater than the input. So we have no conduction but bemp. I have found that low inductance is the key. Two wires pulsed together just a bit off. Sm mentions iron wire delay. It was then stated to put that in a ring. So I wrapped a styrofoam ring with low inductance and wham! GFIs are clicking all over the house. 'Nice weapon of minor destruction' I sez. Need I make it bigger and better? Nope. I built and tested what I thought would happen.

Remember the SM17 with the bifilar antenna wire wrapped all around. And what about the low inductive horizontals. Probably should go back and read SM papers again. We don't need light to see how bright this thing is....

The compiled TPU stuff is in the link of my signature.

I had fired a stungun into the GK4 and got Radiant energy shooting out of the sides instead of the white sparks that usually accompany a stungun. It had not heat and did not sting.
As I moved my finger around the sides I could control the charge connection point. Kinda like God pointing at earth and lightning bolts fly down. The charge path distance was 1/4 inch. My suspicion is that less iron in the core the farther the distance could be until a certain point where the energy would change frequency to white from purple. What led me to this was SM showed a huge discharge that was a stungun type display. I then surmised that the TPU was in some way a horizontal ringed Tesla coil. Others who have produced powerful coils reported lightning discharges from above. Hmmm... I sez. Me thinks me can do it too.

So what SM found was a way to reproduce the Tesla coil firing but without the high current primary. Pure genius, my man, pure genius...
« Last Edit: 2011-09-22, 03:37:03 by giantkiller »

Giantkiller:

Get a length of bifilar stranded speaker wire. Just enough to wrap a paper towel tube end to end. Tie one set of ends together to +12v. Pulse the other ends with fets. The timing is 5 - 50 ns long and up to 100ms apart max. And look at the return on the scope. It is greater the the input. So we have no conduction but bemp. I have found that low inductance is the key. Two wires pulsed together just a bit off. Sm mentions iron wire delay.

You have a great imagination.

Let me ask you seriously, and this goes out to all experimenters:

For inductors:

v = L di/dt

i = 1/L integral v dt

For capacitors:

v = 1/C integral i dt

i = C dv/dt

Do those equations have meaning to you experimenters out there?

If not, a thread should be started to go over those equations and what they mean.  Because the answers to the vast majority of the questions can be found in the understanding of those equations.  The understanding of what's going on can be found by applying the knowledge gained from those equations.

And look at the return on the scope. It is greater the the input.

But there is something missing here in your description.  What happens when the FET switches off?  You observe a high voltage spike on your scope and perhaps you are interpreting that as a greater return.  But is it really?

Why do you see a high voltage spike?  The answer to that question lies in the equations listed above.

Why are you saying that the return is greater?  Aren't you missing a fundamental here?  The scope only shows you the voltage.  What about the current?  Everybody knows that voltage without current means nothing, or current without voltage means nothing, when you are trying to gauge the return.

Anyway, any experimenters that are playing with coils on the bench that don't understand the four equations above are severely handicapped.  This will never go away, it's another one of those things that's carved in stone.

MileHigh

Buy me a drink
@MH,
I realized we have the equations and they might fit the TPU. What could possibly be the answer if all the textbook reporters can not reproduce the TPU in such an amount of time that has gone on?

If we can not understand the process of the TPU then not only I but the rest of you are following a pipe dream. And you have all the equations.

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited..."
...Einstein.

Thanks for the compliment...

Flatlanders don't have up
...Sagan.

Giantkiller:

I have a thought for you.  Let's assume that there is something unknown, special, and unique about the SM TPU.  Let's assume that the equations don't work with the SM TPU.

However, from what I understand, nobody can figure out what makes the SM TPU different and nobody knows exactly how it was built.

Then doesn't it follow that if you attempt to build your own TPU that you most likely have missed the mark and your replication is conventional?  Assuming that's the case then the equations apply.

So in that sense, if you understand the equations, then you should be able to correlate your observations on the bench with the equations.  So you play with your setup and lo and behold you note that the equations are perfectly modeling what you see.  That's still a win, don't you think?

When you switch on the FET in your setup this equation is in play:  i = 1/L integral v dt.

When you switch off the FET then this equation is in play:  v = L di/dt.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited..."

That's an interesting quote.  But you can't forget that it also takes some imagination to understand the equations and as a result gain knowledge.  Then at least you can say that you got to the "first plateau."  Perhaps indeed you can then take it higher.  One step at a time.

To come back down to Earth, I am pretty sure that your observations with your TPU setups are directly explainable by the equations.

MileHigh

Buy me a drink
@MH,
OK.
I pose this from Grumpy,
http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=79.msg17064#msg17064

Now my curiosity has been how does this fit into the equations?

I have read Valone and Laviolette. They seem to have this identified but it is still considered fringe.

But again since this action they speak of is in a different frequency range than what we are used to then maybe it will fit into the equations.

Others have mentioned this activity also. But it is not mainstream yet.

Honestly I think the "one step at a time" approach is best here.  I'm just talking about inductors and capacitors in circuits that you can work with on your bench.

What happens in the middle of a ring that snaps the center like a stungun? When the pressure is released wouldn't we get a vortex?

This clip was recently linked to.  TinselKoala is hosting it:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afQW8FT02DM&NR=1[/youtube]

So cool eh!?

It would tend to confirm or reenforce the idea of the "magnetic vortex."

It's a nice clip and I love the presentation except for one thing.  What the presenter claims is an indication of a magnetic vortex is actually not a vortex.  I interpret "vortex" as a swirling magnetic field, like something that would make a compass needle spin.  In fact the magnetic field emanating from the magnet is just your basic vanilla magnetic field.  It is essentially a static and unchanging thing.  The plasma represents a current flow, and so naturally the plasma will curl as it cuts across the magnetic field.  With the magnet in the vertical orientation you can create a "plasma motor."  So it's the plasma that is spinning around, and not the magnetic field.

The only way to create a "magnetic vortex" would be with "brute force."   You could have two coils at right angles to one another.  If you excite one coil with a sine wave and the other coil with a cosine wave, then the magnetic field in the immediate vicinity of the two coils would spin around like a vortex.

MileHigh

thanks for posting that clip MH,  I saw it before but it's nice to see it again.   I love his little toy there, I wanted to buy one from the store a while ago.    Plasma dynamics are quite interesting, and what would be nice to do is to film the spinning vortex at high frames per second to see what it looks like.   I might just download this video and step it frame by frame to see if I can calculate the speed.

now that I said nice things, its time to be a bit critical.   Even though I like the presentation, the guy jumps to conclusions about the spin of the magnetic field as a fundamental property, which is incorrect.   I can tell that he is not thinking too deep because he does not even mention the Lorentz forces that the ionized gas particles feel in the presence of the magnetic field of the magnet while they carry the RF currents, etc...,  but it makes for a nice demonstration.

@GK and all

Here is an observation on the TPUs.

Look at the STPU. Think of it as having a 1.5 pound core of iron bailing wire. See how thick and stubby it is. All that thick iron mass can get hot for sure if it is producing output.

Take the same mass of iron wire core and make a 6TPU. The walls are thinner and higher but this time you have more room for the over coils. So you are transferring more juice and the 6TPU will still get hot because the winds are still close enough together.

Now take the MTPU that is a bigger version of the 6TPU with the same mass of iron wire spread out more and again you can have even more over coils. This one used one center toroid. The output of the secondary overcoil goes to one side of the center toroid and the other side of the center toroid goes back to the feed side to the primary. That's why the amperage reading was highest off the toroids.

Now think of the LTPU as having two 6TPUs. The same mass of iron wire in a top ring and another same mass in the bottom ring. Now the winds are wider and the wires can be separated more and this was one of SMs goals to minimize heat concentration. And now you have even more over coils. This is two layers (NOT THREE) (That is why you never see any vertical wire showing in the LTPU outer center side wall, but funny you do see some wires coming out the center inner sidewall).  That is why you have two center toroids and they are in parallel between half of each.

Yes but how would it work? If you have two coils wound over an insulated iron wire core and if those two coils are one primary and one secondary or what we call an isolation transformer, then you have one push coil, received from the other coil and that coil sends it back to the push coil.  But that is not possible because of losses. Well........... what if the iron wire core has output as well. Now you just loop the over coils and draw juice off the core coil. Shit. Can it be that simple.

So one over coil is pulsed at the second overcoils' resonant frequency. The second over coil is wound the same as the first but with one or two winds less or more. That way when the primary is pulsed at the secondaries resonant frequency, it is not the same frequency as the primary that is supposed to be identical, (but slightly off). Running at the resonant frequency is supposed to produce the effect that the primary is consuming almost nothing to keep the secondary resonant, so the return from the secondary is even more closer to OU. But if the iron wire core can now add to the mix, then this is how he did it. I was very close to this with my FTPU tests but now know more on how to test more. All the above would equal the statement "Knowledge of the coils", and not knowledge of anything that much more complicated. Also, "wire is very important". Copper is copper. Not much difference with one from the other. But iron wire is very uncommon in such builds and therein may be the importance. I think this is the way to go forward.

wattsup

« Last Edit: 2011-10-05, 13:14:49 by wattsup »

Buy me a drink
Jason and I discussed this at length.
We surmised the process was a bifilar dual pulse protocol (like the two wire test) and a length of the iron wire in parallel. The iron wire would consume any radiation at any angle then we use the iron wire as a conductor. You only need a small length as an antenna.

That small TPU we see above is a ferrite toroid wound with some coils and activated by a small magnet placed on the inside rim.  This device is very simple and I can't imagine any electronic components used.  It most likely is composed of wire and maybe a capacitor the most.  We know it makes sounds which we analyzed and determined to be power line harmonics, so it appears to be a high Q resonant receiver much like a wine glass that responds to acoustic vibrations, except this thing responds to AC magnetic fields which would be audible if we had magnetic ears.    (the human ear can easily hear a 5 kHz audio tone)  

Besides the high Q mechanical aspect, the TPUs are also high Q because they use REGENERATION.    This is the process of providing positive feedback with sufficient gain to almost self oscillate, but not quite.  This allows nulling out the resistive part of a tuned tank circuit to further increase the Q over that of a passively tuned tank circuit.    Steven Mark has said that the TPUs are like a "furnace that feeds itself."

Keeping these principles in mind can guide one to understand the TPU devices by just looking at them.  They are all different which is a fortunate thing for us, because we can compare and contract and determine what’s the common denominator.    I have been trying to understand the coil arrangements of some of the TPUs, and how the voltage is induced and with what polarity and how positive FEEDBACK can occur to "feed the furnace" and further amplify the reactive fields so that they can induce more energy to be received from the external AC magnetic fields.

So, looking at the common mode choke in the center of the TPU, and how it’s wound, made me realize that the "turbine effect"  or rotating magnetic field occurs inside the torroid.   The torroid is a critical item of the TPUs.   It is a two pole single phase AC motor (induction motor) without the rotor, and it needs a phase imbalance to start to spin the field, which the magnet induces I believe, and perhaps this spinning field also interacts with the physical deformation of the ferrite itself as it resonates acoustically.   By tracing the coils I was able to determine that I can create regeneration back to the main antenna loop with the correct phase to feed itself.  The impedance mismatch prevents the voltage from driving current backwards against the regenerative voltage, so the buildup of energy is at the correct phase with the external magnetic fields and couples with them and extracts their energy.   The more I study  Steven Mark’s TPUs,  the more I realize he really understood his TPUs because he mentions these key aspects.

1)   Turbine effect
2)   Tuning to magnetic fields
3)   Vibrations and Noise
4)   High currents
5)   Heat
6)   Up-side Down shut off
7)   Magnet start up.

EM

PS,  The magnetic vector rotates inside the ferrite torroid, and the wires that come out of the center, or the leads,  are playing a critical role unsuspected by any of us.  The rotating magnetic field induces a peak voltage when the field is rotated 90 deg to what is shown, and the phasing is exactly what is needed to build up the  reactive fields because the other phase delay is due to the inductance of the loop where the current is lagging by 90 so together we get 180 degrees of phase difference and, with the correct polarity connection that can be 0 or 360 deg of phase change or possitive feedback.   I did extensive calculations of impedances and reactances and induced voltage and current magnitudes, and it looks pretty good.

Read about single phase induction motors and why they can't start:   http://openbookproject.net/electricCircuits/AC/AC_13.html#xtocid1540137

This is similar to how the TPU functions without the magnet,  it can't start spinning the field, and if the field is not spinning inside, it does not provide positive feedback to improve the Q, so the received energy is very low, mili volts!,  but once it gets going due to the effect of the permanent magnet biasing the core, things begin to build up and the furnace feeds itself and the fire grows hot!
« Last Edit: 2011-10-06, 01:34:26 by EMdevices »

Group: Elite

It's turtles all the way down
Some good thoughts here guys, now all we need is a definitive proof of principle experiment.

Regarding EM's comments about rotating the field in a ferrite, I have explored this without success yet.

I often thought the magnet bias acted like the shading pole of a two pole AC motor so that there could be a preferred direction of rotation, but have not been able to get this effect on the bench with a ferrite circular core.

The core could also be wired with a capacitor to provide a leading angle on one of the windings in order to provide preferential direction of rotation, such as in small reversible AC motors.

If you could get the "B" field inside the core to rotate, would the "A" field outside the core also rotate?

Is there a way to intercept the "A" field or would it move electrons in an outside conductor or winding such as we see in the TPU?

"Secrecy, secret societies and secret groups have always been repugnant to a free and open society"......John F Kennedy

tExB=qr
"I expect that the ferrite will saturate before you reach the power levels demonstrated by SM.

Unless there is a change in the rotating magnetic field, there is no indication that it is rotating or not.  A rotating homogeneous magnetic and static homogeneous magnetic field have the same appearance.

@EM

I am not sure about the rotating magnetic field (RMF).

Seems to me the RMF would work against a device that is trying to catch the HV line emmision. SM did say "what are the ramifications of two fields turning  in opposite directions". In order to notice two fields turning, you would also require one non-turning position against which both fields could turn. Otherwise two RMFs would be pointless. That would indicate the use of some type of coupling coefficient.

What I am trying to say here is two fold.

1) You create a self-feeding loop (or an almost self-feeding loop) between two coils working at a high rate of coupling co-efficiency which is more then possible when they are at resonance.
2) You draw off a third source which also happens to be your coupling coefficient object for the first two. This has not been done before where the laminate (for lack of a better word) is also your output.

I really appreciated you redoing your last post plus the adder.

Such discussions are not easy to put forth without creating some misunderstandings. In your drawing of the center toroid, you only show two wires, but there are four. In any advancement of an operational theory, one should try to include all the factors with the explanation pointing specifically to each component or group of components. That is  how I have always tried to put forth ideas that point right to what is also seen in the devices.

I do agree that the STPU would not have 1.5 pounds of iron bailing wire and I will explain to you something I have realized since yesterday.

The question is the center toroid. Up till today we would consider the center toroid present in the TPU as follows;

FTPU - Top center
OTPU - behind the circuit board placed vertically on its side.
STPU - Not known - maybe until today.
6TPU - Placed on the side wall of the TPU. (Hard to see but there is the same size protrusion on one of the side walls.
MTPU - One in center
LTPU - Two in center

Well in the STPU one would think there is no toroid and this has created a major blockage in the advancement of these ideas because the idea should fit all TPUs. So let's look closer. OK look again at the image above of the STPU. Now think of the FTPU with the top and bottom outer loops and overcoils. Now take those loops and wind them the same diameter as the center toroid. Put one on top of the center toroid and one under the center toroid. So you have a three level STPU cake with top loop, middle toroid and bottom loop. SM just took the FTPU and condensed the loops and made a triple decker STPU cake (with nice icing on top - lol). So look again at the STPU image. Look at the dimensions and the center hole fit very well the center toroid as well as the outer diameter. The toroid diameter is slightly less then the top and bottom rings and this is why we see the top edge coming outwards very slightly.

So.......... ALL THE TPUs HAD A CENTER TOROID and now if you take my theory of operation,from one device to the other, the toroid stays the same or is doubled. What changes is the top and bottom rings and windings. The toroid is being used as a dual coil. One that pulses, the other that loads and sends back to pulse but all this happens through the outer rings.

Here is a better explanation.

1) Top and bottom rings are bailing wire output.
2) On each ring you have two over coils (control coils) or call them whatever. They are wound identical but one has a few less turns so the resonance frequency cannot be reached on both at the same time.
3) The center toroid has two coils that are not in bucking mode as a continuous straight coil of two winds. They are two distinct winds wound as bucking mode but wired as two separate coils.
4) Put a pulse on one overcoil at resonance to the other overcoil.
5) The resonant over coil will produce a reactive output that goes to one side of the center toroid as a feed pulse.
6) The other coil of the center toroid is the output that goes back to the feed of the pulse at No. 4.

This is self feeding, produces two fields (1-fields of the loops, 2-fields of the toroid).

Way back I had made a wiring diagram shown below. I had done some tests on  FTPU mock-up (shown below) but the loop wire was copper. I think that was the mistake and will make a new one with bailing wire that will make it self-feeding.

The only odd ball device is the OTPU because the rings seem to be plastic. Now maybe the plastic has the same attribute as the bailing wire when coils are pulsed at resonance and producing reactive power. I don't know yet. It would be simpler to say the OTPU rings were light grade iron or some other metal that was actually has a slit cut on one side (at the back end where there is tape over the ring) to make it a finite (non-looped) coupling method and output method. The OTPU is harder to explain but the main facts fit is perfectly.

I am taking the perspective that the TPU was ether driven and did not rely on any HV lines. For me, every time a coil is energized, the coil draws in ether from the ambient presence. To use it, one would have to trick the ether into doing what it always does but now in a self-feeding loop.

In the FTPU he produced 60 volts but never loaded it because he is not so stupid to do so if the device could not handle enough of a load to do a good show video. So the FTPU showed voltage and he left it at that. What I can gather from this since the center toroid is the same as in all the other TPUs, it is his outer winds that did  not have enough transfer ability to produce some good amperage to take on a load. So as the TPUs progress from STPU (more bailing wire and control coils) to the 6TPU (even more bailing wire and controls coils) up to the LTPU.

I'll stop here because my brain is going to fast. But this gives me some more direction for experimenting. I have a nice sized toroid core and will make the triple decker STPU and do some tests.

wattsup

SM did say "what are the ramifications of two fields turning  in opposite directions"

wattsup,   its so amazing he said that, because that's exactly how a pulsing magnetic field is understood in a single phase induction motor before it starts rotating, and only pulses.   It's understood as two counter rotating fields that superimpose and create the appearance of a pulsing magnetic field in a certain direction.   Imagine if one of the phasors is slowed down relative to the other one, than the two phasors meet up again slightly displaced from their original spot and so the pulsing magnetic field seems to rotate.   If we suppress one of the fields completely, than we have full and honest rotation.

[edit:   my picture is extracted from another drawing, the important concept is the rotating magnetic field iniside the toroid, but yes there are 4 leads]

Ion,  do you remember Mark Snoswells work with this concept?  I think he managed to get a rotating field if I remember correctly.   Anyway, this whole concept led to the 3 phase research and rotating magnetic fields, Bob Boyce, etc..,  but obtaining a rotating magnetic field is only a partial answer to energy generation, not the end result.    

Basicaly, what I'm saying is a rotating magnetic field provides a means for us to obtain any desired phase shift, like 90 deg lagging or leading to mimic capacitors and inductors, which may not be practical or possible with these discrete components at low frequencies.    However, it appers SM has implemented capacitors in some of the TPUs.    Also, this concept is not exclusive, it only addresses some of the TPUs, i.e. the simpler ones,  but the more complex ones with circuitry and control are obviously different.   He obviously evolved his design and the final product is controled with electronics and does not require physical tuning, it's all done with frequency control.   But I personaly like the simpler concepts, the no "mass electronics" versions, even though its enjoyable to play with electronics components.

EM
« Last Edit: 2011-10-07, 00:08:44 by EMdevices »

tExB=qr
Here is a basic question:

Current in a conductor is a flow of electrons, which is extremely slow, and there have been several attempts to show that the energy transfered by flowing electrons cannot sum to the energy transfered in the circuit.

Is this current a cause of circuit effect or an effect itself? 

If it is the cause, then our hope are in vain.  If it is an effect, then we have to look for the true cause.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-19, 04:31:54