PopularFX
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.
2024-04-20, 09:41:03
News: If you have a suggestion or need for a new board title, please PM the Admins.
Please remember to keep topics and posts of the FE or casual nature. :)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 101
Author Topic: Dally, Shark & Ruslan workbench  (Read 222562 times)

Group: Professor

So we see 15.4A max. there.
Yeah, I cannot see how the current induced by the Kacher can override this current induced by the PP.

@ Itsu

With the Kacher enabled:

If you touch a neon bulb to the L2 and L3 (across the yoke) - does it light up?
Don't hold the bulb with anything conductive (e.g your hand).

If it does not light up through the L2 and L3 insulation, then poke needles into the insulation until they touch the copper wire and then attach the bulb to these needles. 

If you are averse to poking needles in your wires then wrap aluminum foil around L2 and L3 (but not all the way around, as not to make a shorted turn) and touch the neon bulb to these foils.

P.S.
Lighting the neon bulb between L1 and L3 might be interesting, too, but then the L1 must be connected to the PP circuit and a needle used to differentiate between L1 and L2.

Group: Restricted

Enjoy your trek through life but leave no tracks

I can fully drive a 25w incandescent bulb. And partially drive a 100w bulb, using just the Kacher's input.

Perhaps someone can explain the difference between Itsu's results, and what I'm showing on my older video.
   As I have no idea what is going on.

NickZ
Thats interesting, one of the guy's here knows you 'Alan' he is asking me to ask you how much current does it draw from your 24 volt battery ?
it would be interesting to know if it's a fake or an active device ?

Regards Sil

---------------------------
Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..

PS here Sergei's video about kacher influence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp5yGfWJzHI
I see 2.5x current increase after the Kacher is enabled but no frequency doubling nor increase of the current at the output like Alexeev had.

Depending on induced current magnitudes this could be simple superposition.

Group: Elite Experimentalist

@ Itsu

With the Kacher enabled:

If you touch a neon bulb to the L2 and L3 (across the yoke) - does it light up?
Don't hold the bulb with anything conductive (e.g your hand).

If it does not light up through the L2 and L3 insulation, then poke needles into the insulation until they touch the copper wire and then attach the bulb to these needles. 

If you are averse to poking needles in your wires then wrap aluminum foil around L2 and L3 (but not all the way around, as not to make a shorted turn) and touch the neon bulb to these foils.

P.S.
Lighting the neon bulb between L1 and L3 might be interesting, too, but then the L1 must be connected to the PP circuit and a needle used to differentiate between L1 and L2.

The ne-2 neon then does not light up at or near L2 and L3.

Only when connected through the insulation and touching the copper wires it lights up but only at 46V on the collector.

Itsu

Perhaps someone can explain the difference between Itsu's results, and what I'm showing on my older video.
   As I have no idea what is going on.
Can you show me the physical wavelength of the electric field around the antenna.
If you connect a neon bulb to two pieces of foil spaced a variable distance apart, at what axial distance is it the brightest ? 

You are looking for the distance between two antinodes of a standing wave, using the foils as capacitor plates (blue on the diagram below).  Don't touch it with anything conductive (e.g. your hand - you do not want to became a capacitor plate).

Only when connected through the insulation and touching the copper wires it lights up but only at 46V on the collector.
OK, so there isn't much electric potential difference between L2 and L3 but there is some!

This means that the yoke "feels" the Kacher not only through the differential induced currents and the H-fields which they create, BUT ALSO through the E-field which occurs between L2 and L3 (notice that these windings are on opposite halves of the yoke - across the air gap).

If you refer to that standing wave animation, I just posted to Nick, do you think that it is feasible that the L4 and L5 act in common mode the same way as these two blue capacitor plates ?
If "yes" then the distance between L4 and L5 would be significant since when that distance matches the distance between the antinodes, then the E-field differential that they pick up is maximized.

Itsu,

Consider observing the current waveforms of L2/L3 and/or L4/L5 with and without the TC turned on (ext trigger to PWM). 

Does the TC have any influence on the phase of those currents?

Also, note that in one of author's videos, he states that the yoke is operated near saturation.

PW

Group: Renaissance Man

Buy me a cigar
Hi Verpies.

I'm not sure whether the soon to be attached video has any relevance to the current discussion on frequency doubling?

https://youtu.be/SPV89JWVdtY

The primary side was driven at resonance by a Mazzili circuit, the primaries were wound on each half of two Ferrite
" C " cores the secondary was wound across the joint.

These experiments were conducted around the same time that I got involved with one of the early Akula devices. My large transformer wasn't made from a TV yoke but two " C " cores. On many occasions a loud hissing noise could be heard emanating from between the windings.
Here's the video. This device had the capability of killing virtually any Digital equipment. The video itself froze up just at the end.

https://youtu.be/LOqjTHmmumU

Cheers Grum.

Nanny state ? Left at the gate !! :)

OK, so there isn't much electric potential difference between L2 and L3 but there is some!

This means that the yoke "feels" the Kacher not only through the differential induced currents and the H-fields which they create, BUT ALSO through the E-field which occurs between L2 and L3 (notice that these windings are on opposite halves of the yoke - across the air gap).

If you refer to that standing wave animation, I just posted to Nick, do you think that it is feasible that the L4 and L5 act in common mode the same way as these two blue capacitor plates ?
If "yes" then the distance between L4 and L5 would be significant since when that distance matches the distance between the antinodes, then the E-field differential that they pick up is maximized.

I have heard and read that the Inductor (L4) and Grenade (L5) also act as plates of a capacitor, so yes i think it is feasable.

Stalker has mentioned that there should be a specific distance between L4 and L5 by adding a cardboard filler between them so that the inductance of L4 is half of the inductance of L5.
But here i talk about the distance between L4 and L5 as they are wound on top of each other.

Itsu

Group: Guest
I don't want interfere, but I think it is too early do these measurement.
Without proper tuning results will not be useful.

Vasik

PS here Sergei's video about kacher influence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp5yGfWJzHI

Vasik:  What type of "tuning" do you think is needed. The Kacher is mostly being driven across some coils. 

Itsu,

Consider observing the current waveforms of L2/L3 and/or L4/L5 with and without the TC turned on (ext trigger to PWM). 

Also, note that in one of author's videos, he states that the yoke is operated near saturation.

PW

PW,

you mean the current through L2/L3 and/or L4/L5 when driven by the Push Pull? (i presently have the Yoke / L1a and L1b disconnected / open).

Itsu

Vasik:  What type of "tuning" do you think is needed. The Kacher is mostly being driven across some coils.

Ground wire length tuning, kacher length tuning, interruption/modulation signal time tuning...

PS everyone can build a radio, but not everyone can tune it :)
- HAM's wisdom

Can you show me the physical wavelength of the electric field around the antenna.
If you connect a neon bulb to two pieces of foil spaced a variable distance apart, at what axial distance is it the brightest ? 

You are looking for the distance between two antinodes of a standing wave, using the foils as capacitor plates (blue on the diagram below).  Don't touch it with anything conductive (e.g. your hand - you do not want to became a capacitor plate).

Verpies: Perhaps Itsu can do that test, as my question is why is Itsu's current output so low, compared to what I'm showing using a simple Kacher.
I have videos showing what my Kacher signal can do to neon bulbs which are being moved all around the device. A neon will light to about 3 inches from antenna. Only an led will light up when next to the yoke, and on any metal surface within a foot of the antenna coil.

PW,

you mean the current through L2/L3 and/or L4/L5 when driven by the Push Pull? (i presently have the Yoke / L1a and L1b disconnected / open).

Itsu

Itsu,

After you have it all reconnected as per the schematic and everything fired up...

PW

compared to what I'm showing using a simple Kacher.

NickZ,

Is your Kacher gated/pulsed or does it run continuously?

PW

PW:
   It is the simple non controlable Kacher circuit. Tuned to run continually at between 950KHz, and 1.1MHz. Or, at around 1MHz. Nothing special about it.
I do connect the 2sc5200 transistor emitter, to my Earth ground line. Input is about 18 to 24v, depending on the input source. Amps are unknown.
   Some say that the simple kacher takes back what it gives out. Maybe, but I don't buy that. I wish that it would take back the times that it bit me.  10.000v hurts...and I give it all the base current that I can. Does get a bit hot, as I don't normally turn on the heatsink fan. I hate hearing fans.

The image below is from Ruslan's original simple kacher. Mine is a replication of that same circuit. Both Stalker, and Adrian also built their first self runner using this same Kacher circuit design. Was it all just faked??? Time will tell...

NickZ

Hi Grumage,

I'm not sure whether the soon to be attached video has any relevance to the current discussion on frequency doubling?
https://youtu.be/SPV89JWVdtY

Your video filmed some time ago, I guess now you know that saturated cores in earlier days were used for frequency multiplication in radio transmitters and later for all kind of different things. I am attaching a document with some examples.

According to my current understanding "magic" in Ruslan device comes from Tesla coil, not from saturation.

Regards,
Vasik

But here i talk about the distance between L4 and L5 as they are wound on top of each other.
I thought they are wound side by side and there is a gap between them (I marked it with green line) on your photo below.

Itsu,

PW

Itsu,

After you have it all reconnected as per the schematic and everything fired up...

PW

Connected everything up again, and measured the Grenade (L2  L5) current while  activating / deactivating the Kacher.

No change (else then some slight reduction of the current amplitude) was seen, so no phase change.

Itsu

I thought they are wound side by side and there is a gap between them (I marked it with green line) on your photo below.

No,   the Inductor L4 is wound over the smallest part of the Grenade L5, see picture below.

The Grenade L5 consists of 3 double layers, yellow, purple and red, while the inductor L4 in green is wound over a part of the red double layer.

Itsu

PW:
   It is the simple non controlable Kacher circuit. Tuned to run continually at between 950KHz, and 1.1MHz. Or, at around 1MHz. Nothing special about it.
I do connect the 2sc5200 transistor emitter, to my Earth ground line. Input is about 18 to 24v, depending on the input source. Amps are unknown.
   Some say that the simple kacher takes back what it gives out. Maybe, but I don't buy that. I wish that it would take back the times that it bit me.  10.000v hurts...and I give it all the base current that I can. Does get a bit hot, as I don't normally turn on the heatsink fan. I hate hearing fans.

The image below is from Ruslan's original simple kacher. Mine is a replication of that same circuit. Both Stalker, and Adrian also built their first self runner using this same Kacher circuit design. Was it all just faked??? Time will tell...

NickZ
Nickerless as you showed a modulated wave pic then you display this SIMPLE tesla coil you called a Katcher
 You can't have it both ways  it simply doesn't work like that any one who tried it will know that.

Regards SIL
« Last Edit: 2021-07-01, 01:00:44 by AlienGrey »

Be aware I'm moderated because I complained about persistent trolls to Chet, folowing me round and got same treatment as perpetrators..

Ok  if we borrow Itsu's Katcher picture then from beginning to end is one cycle one half is a u shape negative and the other is positive
when the wave is crossing the zero point line it does it at the start and at the end and in the middle they are the nodes.

the only useful points are the peaks or anti nodes so you need to collect the peeks, so the nodes are the goal posts or markers that makes time very important.

So perhaps a free running disrupter is a red herring !  :)
notice the 1/3 Notch filter in the base bias section of the katcher circuit of Alexeys circuit
« Last Edit: 2021-07-01, 07:19:35 by AlienGrey »

Connected everything up again, and measured the Grenade (L2  L5) current while  activating / deactivating the Kacher.

No change (else then some slight reduction of the current amplitude) was seen, so no phase change.

Itsu

Itsu,

Just to be clear, I meant to use two current probes (one on L2, and one on L3, ext trigger on PWM) and look for any phase shift when the TC is energized.  Repeat with the current probes at L4 and L5. 

PW

notice the 1/3 Notch filter in the base bias section of the katcher circuit of Alexeys circuit
Indeed there is a series LC circuit at the base of the BJT which will have the minimum impedance at its resonance. This will short the signal of this frequency to ground, effectively "notching" it.

« Last Edit: 2021-07-01, 10:23:13 by AlienGrey »

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 101
« previous next »

Home Help Search Login Register
Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u 2024-04-20, 09:41:03